They gobbled like crazy today

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
On the roost and on the ground, gobbling VERY good. We went in at 9am with three of them still gobbling, couldn't ever get in the right spot. Probably the best gobbling day I've heard in 8-9 years. I can't remember ever having worked a bird that gobbled at least every 30 seconds for over two hours that I couldn't kill, but he just wouldn't cross the property line :rolleyes:

Southern Sportsman

Glad they gobbled for you. Weather seemed good here, but this was my first morning to hunt with hearing a peep. Beautiful morning to be in a river bottom cypress stand though. At least it was once the thermacell warmed up.

AT Hiker

On the roost and on the ground, gobbling VERY good. We went in at 9am with three of them still gobbling, couldn't ever get in the right spot. Probably the best gobbling day I've heard in 8-9 years. I can't remember ever having worked a bird that gobbled at least every 30 seconds for over two hours that I couldn't kill, but he just wouldn't cross the property line :rolleyes:
Last night before they roosted the birds at my place were loud mouthed. Funny part was I heard one gobble, it would echo and he would gobble back at it.
I didn't hear any this morning though, yet I didn't spend much time listening either.

Carlos

In the Cumberland county area where I was this morning from 0510-0930 they were quiet.
I'm betting they'll be hot tomorrow.

megalomaniac

NOW ya tell me? 😂 The one I've been chasing all season usually has a Jake with him strangely enough, today he did again, but I guess it's worth a try.
It's a great trick to have in your back pocket...

I had 2 toms gobbling like crazy 450y off my line earlier this year in TN. Called to them for an hour off and on with multiple repositionings. Didn't budge. Gave a young hen yelp and then jake yelps and they broke coming 450y over 2 woven wire fences they had to fly over and across a public road in less than 10min to 20 yards. Gobbled from 450 to 80y, then came in strutting and drumming ready for a fight the rest of the way. Super fun hunt

Latest posts