The Hunting Public

Bushape

Hate to see it but it appears they are having another down year as far as bow hunting goes. Killing a few with rifles and muzzleloaders. Just the way hunting goes some times I guess.

Big Gun

Give away as much info as they have the past few years and it gets a lot harder to keep being successful. And I'm not even trying to throw shade at them. Just pointing out the obvious.
I've been watching them for a couple of years and have never seen them give out detailed info on where they are. All I ever hear them say is what state they are in. Even when they show an OnX map, they put on there that it is for reference only and it doesn't show locations.

30-06 type of guy

I've been watching them for a couple of years and have never seen them give out detailed info on where they are. All I ever hear them say is what state they are in. Even when they show an OnX map, they put on there that it is for reference only and it doesn't show locations.
No sir. They showed an OnX map of an area they were turkey hunting and it was exact location. I know cuz I hunted it quite abit. I thought at first surely not then when they got situated and filmed the bird in the field I knew exactly where. Doesn't bother me tho it's plenty of birds around. Hats off to em cuz I've got it handed to me several times at that spot.

Big Gun

No sir. They showed an OnX map of an area they were turkey hunting and it was exact location. I know cuz I hunted it quite abit. I thought at first surely not then when they got situated and filmed the bird in the field I knew exactly where. Doesn't bother me tho it's plenty of birds around. Hats off to em cuz I've got it handed to me several times at that spot.
So you recognized a spot, I could understand that. Did they post where they were is what I'm asking?

JN

I am not sure I follow. How is having a down year with archery mean they are having a bad year? Some years I don't get a buck with a bow and only get one with another weapon but I don't consider it a down year.

I watch their show every now and then and haven't ever felt like they have given a spot away but I guess if you had enough time to study public land maps you could eventually figure it out. I think what they and others have done is they have made people aware that there is actually decent hunting on public land and with the tools now available from state agency's and hunting apps like onX is the remote public lands that only the locals really knew about is easy for anyone to find now.

tntrkkllr

I am not sure I follow. How is having a down year with archery mean they are having a bad year? Some years I don't get a buck with a bow and only get one with another weapon but I don't consider it a down year.

I watch their show every now and then and haven't ever felt like they have given a spot away but I guess if you had enough time to study public land maps you could eventually figure it out. I think what they and others have done is they have made people aware that there is actually decent hunting on public land and with the tools now available from state agency's and hunting apps like onX is the remote public lands that only the locals really knew about is easy for anyone to find now.
THIS!!!! Thank you. A lot nicer than how I would put it lol

Bushape

Not bashing them for not killing one every episode. As a bow hunter I get how hard it can be. I used the word "down" because in previous seasons they have taken at least 4 good deer per season. I am sure they have jobs and other responsibilities like the rest of us but when there are 4 or 5 of them, with a commitment to hunting, getting skunked, I'd say they are having a down year.

CharlieTN

I actually find great comfort in them sharing their struggles. Too many hunters thing that the only measure of success is the harvest of a new PB or at least a giant because that's what they see from most of the celebrities who hunt managed and farmed land or through guide services. These guys get out there and hoof it on the same type of land I have access to, and they face the same struggles I face.

Bushape

I actually find great comfort in them sharing their struggles. Too many hunters thing that the only measure of success is the harvest of a new PB or at least a giant because that's what they see from most of the celebrities who hunt managed and farmed land or through guide services. These guys get out there and hoof it on the same type of land I have access to, and they face the same struggles I face.
I know a few years ago the ventured down to Mississippi and hunted some plantation pine. They saw very few and didn't kill anything if memory serves. I thought to myself "welcome to the south boys."

Latest posts