Tennessee violations announced today

deerfanatic

Selling out a couple games solves the money problems…. Fingers crossed we back
Big money to me and you buy not to a program that big with that much money. I'm sure some boosters will step up and pay a lot if not all of it. Shoot it's less than the buyout for Pruitt would have been and we all know we are used to paying buyouts 😂

Spurhunter

My favorite bowl last year was the gump bowl. I think it was the third Saturday in October and the Vols sent the gumps and too too home to tuscaloser to cry. I forgot the exact date and score but I'm sure someone will remind me.
The date was October 15, 2022. The final score was TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS 52 alabama cousin courters 49. Wait! I think Jalin Hyatt just scored again!

PillsburyDoughboy

Niedermeyer paid Darnell Washington and he still went to Georgia so how much did Georgia pay? 🤷‍♂️🤣

vols paid all that bribe money. Lost their poster child Fat Phil forever. Paid all those lawyer fees. Gonna pay 8 million in fines . Gonna sacrifice 28 scholarships

I'd say Pruitt did his job and the plan worked :) ! Roll Tide !!!

PalsPal

The date was October 15, 2022. The final score was TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS 52 alabama cousin courters 49. Wait! I think Jalin Hyatt just scored again!

Let's not forget the fear that the Bama players and coaches felt after the game. It was harrowing, with even some players having to beat off TN coeds just to get off of the field.

Gravey

What does scholarship reductions do anymore? Sign one up with a NIL deal that pays their way……. Tennessee won't even feel the effects of this. Slap on the wrist and proceed on.
That was my thought on the scholarships too. NIL money can take care of paying for school. I think the reduction in recruiting visits is the worst part. Big money boosters can pony up the 8 mil.

bloodtrailing

Massive win for UT on this. Now other way to spin it in reality. They faced much much worse potential outcomes. No bowl ban. They basically forfeited the money they would make on the next couple bowls but will be able to go and play. That 8 million fine is equivalent to 3% of the football programs operating budget. Gonna lose 10 more scholarships total after you add in the ones they've already given up over the last 3 years. That's 2 per year the next 5 years. It's not gonna be a back breaker. On probation for 5 years so unless something else happens that won't affect them. The worst of it is they have some reductions in official recruiting visits but they can be also spread out over 5 years. Pruitt is the one who took the harshest part of it. 6 years show cause so no coaching for 6 years and if he is hired in any capacity such as an analyst he is suspended and has to sit at home the whole first year. Can't even help the coaches game plan much less recruit.
Agree. NIL money will help offset loss of scholarships.

Spurhunter

I'll play devil's advocate. Is someone good enough to garner that kind of NIL money going to want to spend their money on school when they can go somewhere else and be on scholarship? Maybe it comes down to simple math. You gotta pay me enough to cover school and I still pocket the same $$$ as my other offers. I haven't read up on NIL enough to understand how it works and what's legal/illegal.

wayne

My favorite bowl last year was the gump bowl. I think it was the third Saturday in October and the Vols sent the gumps and too too home to tuscaloser to cry. I forgot the exact date and score but I'm sure someone will remind me.
Forever known as the Dixieland Delight Bowl

Gravey

I'll play devil's advocate. Is someone good enough to garner that kind of NIL money going to want to spend their money on school when they can go somewhere else and be on scholarship? Maybe it comes down to simple math. You gotta pay me enough to cover school and I still pocket the same $$$ as my other offers. I haven't read up on NIL enough to understand how it works and what's legal/illegal.
I was thinking that when I posted above but didn't write it. You're talking an additional $75-100k for 4 years.

JBell

Yes. But they can choose who gets the scholarships…. Some kid that isn't as big of a name or maybe a offensive lineman that isn't gonna draw a big NIL deal, gets a 250k deal to cover his school and some in the pocket. Scholarships can be worked around now. Won't change a thing

deerfanatic

I was thinking that when I posted above but didn't write it. You're talking an additional $75-100k for 4 years.
It's only 2 scholarships lost a year for 5 years. 2 less backups. They already took 16 and 2 less this year. That's tostada the 28. 2 scholarships lost per year is pretty minimal. Not every player gets nil. The guys hood enough to garner nil and serious nil are no brainers as far as scholarships go. They will be on one period. We will just do without two guys in the bench who would have never touched the field anyway.

scn

If I was a Bammer, I think I would stay pretty quiet on the whole issue. At some point, Bama and St. Nick aren't going to have enough leverage over the rules makers and will have to explain how a VERY high portion of their football team is driving around in new Challengers, Mercedes, and blinged out trucks. I'm sure all of that over the past couple of decades (prior to NIL) has been on the up and up. I wonder where Pruitt got some of his ideas.........................?

Latest posts