Spur necklace question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lungbuster84

I'm wanting to make a necklace with my spurs that I can wear but don't know what to use or where to get it. Any info is appreciated

Setterman

No offense but don't wear spurs you'll look ridiculous. Now if you you don't care use a piece of leather and take a dremmel to polish up the leg bone everywhere except the actual spur. Use clear lacquer on it to shine them up

That's the way I've seen a select few wearing their spurs like jewelry. IMO it's not a good look but to each their own

mountain man 71

The one I made is on a 8 point I have mounted don't think I would were it. I have seen some made with just one spur that looked good.

Setterman

Roost 1 said:
I think, if worn, they look best on the brim of a hat...just my opinion. Posers wear them around their neck.... :D

Yep. I'm sure a lot like me would look like a voodoo witch doctor with spurs looped all over our bodies. Heck I'd probably trip and fall over one of the strings :D

Roost 1

Setterman said:
Roost 1 said:
I think, if worn, they look best on the brim of a hat...just my opinion. Posers wear them around their neck.... :D

Yep. I'm sure a lot like me would look like a voodoo witch doctor with spurs looped all over our bodies. Heck I'd probably trip and fall over one of the strings :D

That comment is worthless without pics...Your only 38yrs old you cant have too many unless you admit to big time poaching....just wondering.

Huntaholic

Roost 1 said:
Setterman said:
Roost 1 said:

That comment is worthless without pics...Your only 38yrs old you cant have too many unless you admit to big time poaching....just wondering.
:D:D:D Thats a BURN if Ive ever seen one! Sounds like a call out to me setterman, post up some pics of all those spurs!

Lungbuster84

Well I can assure everyone I'm not a poser. I haven't killed near as many as most people on here but I hunt hard every year. I was just askin what to use for a necklace. I guess I'll just hang it up when I make it now

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Lungbuster84 said:
Well I can assure everyone I'm not a poser. I haven't killed near as many as most people on here but I hunt hard every year. I was just askin what to use for a necklace. I guess I'll just hang it up when I make it now

If you want a spur necklace I would ask a member on here. His name is spurnecklace. He has one and it was pretty cool. He could tell you what he used.
If you want one then by God make you one.

Your spurs your neck, enjoy both.

Congrats on killing enough to make one in the first place !!!

Roost 1

RUGER said:
Lungbuster84 said:

If you want a spur necklace I would ask a member on here. His name is spurnecklace. He has one and it was pretty cool. He could tell you what he used.
If you want one then by God make you one.

Your spurs your neck, enjoy both.

Congrats on killing enough to make one in the first place !!!

X2

Huntaholic

Ok, time to get serious here for a minute. IMHO, 1 or a set of 2 GOOD spurs on leather would be a good look if you can pull it off. Im kinda on the fence about the hatbands made out of spurs. Personally, I cut a leather bootlace about 30" long and string em up that way. The spurs to me are the best, most memory inducing part. I can look back through those strings of spurs and you would be surprised how many of them I can tell you every detail of the hunt. Out of 30 years of chasing these things, Im pretty sure Ive got every set Ive ever killed, including the jakes.

Lungbuster84

Well I haven't killed one of them with huge spurs but I'm still proud of my 2 and 3 year old birds just the same. I just wanted to do somethin different with these from this year. First time I've ever tagged out so I just wanted them all together and I can always look back and remember this season. I'm real big on sentimental value and I love lookin at my beards and spurs, even though I don't have that many yet.

Setterman

Roost 1 said:
Setterman said:
Roost 1 said:

Here is a pic of one of my spur strings, I have two more in addition to that one.....anymore freaking questions?

I've averaged killing 11 birds a year since the late 90's and killed plenty before that starting around 91

And you want to blindly throw out the poaching label however never taking into consideration that not everyone hunts only one state. I usually hunt 4 states at a minimum and sometimes hunt 5 or 6. For instance....this year I killed 4 in Bama, 3 in GA, 2 in KY, 4 in TN, and 2 in VA.

Any other comments, accusations, or questions?

Roost 1

Nice string.... I did not accuse anyone of poaching...
It just seems to me you have done as much in 38yrs as someone twice your age... Now could we see pics of those big bucks you kill each year..
Thanks, no offense intended, just wanted to see some proof.
Honestly I have always enjoyed reading your posts and was somewhat dis-appointed to hear your age... But hey, looks like you are the real deal!!!!!

Setterman

Roost 1 said:
Nice string.... I did not accuse anyone of poaching...
It just seems to me you have done as much in 38yrs as someone twice your age... Now could we see pics of those big bucks you kill each year..
Thanks, no offense intended, just wanted to see some proof.
Honestly I have always enjoyed reading your posts and was somewhat dis-appointed to hear your age... But hey, looks like you are the real deal!!!!!

I don't have any pics of any of my deer handy. I'm currently on the road for work, but will post some when I get home. Just remind me on Thursday or Friday, because I will forget.

I've been very fortunate in my short life and have been blessed with many a willing gobbler over the years. I also hunt extremely hard, and was blessed to cut my teeth on places with lots of birds which helped a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts