Son’s First for the Year

TN Larry

This morning started out great, went south, but ended well. The weather wasn't great but didn't affect the turkeys.

I still can't get around too great after having hip surgery so went to a spot that's pretty easy to walk. I was able to call 4 in straight from the roost and probably gobbled a hundred times. Unfortunately, he missed, twice! He didn't take his time and knows better but was pretty dang exciting after all the gobbling. I've done it as well but was also sick thinking one took a pellet and may go off to die.

With our heads hung low, we went to another spot and got on another one. Fortunately, it was an easy one, and this time he took his time and made a great shot. It ended up being the biggest bird weight wise that either of us has ever killed.

24.65 lbs
1 1/16" spurs
9 3/4" beard

8DA397BA-9D61-4CDB-8FBC-70C1F3CE113F.jpeg

65CA5413-9FC8-4CF2-BDE0-7C5A6DEB43F0.jpeg

04871964-F385-4D2F-81A8-D9D69F9619B7.jpeg

This morning started out great, went south, but ended well. The weather wasn't great but didn't affect the turkeys.

I still can't get around too great after having hip surgery so went to a spot that's pretty easy to walk. I was able to call 4 in straight from the roost and probably gobbled a hundred times. Unfortunately, he missed, twice! He didn't take his time and knows better but was pretty dang exciting after all the gobbling. I've done it as well but was also sick thinking one took a pellet and may go off to die.

With our heads hung low, we went to another spot and got on another one. Fortunately, it was an easy one, and this time he took his time and made a great shot. It ended up being the biggest bird weight wise that either of us has ever killed.

24.65 lbs
1 1/16" spurs
9 3/4" beard

View attachment 174418

View attachment 174417

View attachment 174419
Congratulations!

Latest posts