Smokeless bullets???

Bone Collector

I waited to see what the TWRA mentioned on straight wall cartridges during ML. Apparently it wasn't mentioned.

Anyway I'm mailing Jeff my barrel tomorrow. Started looking at Parker productions for bullets, and good lord they're expensive.

I have a CVA scout. Is there any recommendation on best all around bullet for hunting? I'm not trying to spend, $360 on 3 different types of bullets to see which shoots best.

M T Pockets 000

The guys that built my CVA hunter conversion started me with Parker Ballastic Extremes. 275gr .451. Sense then I noticed that I had some XTP 200gr in .451 and tried them. Both rounds have kilt a deer. Both rounds fit the barrel and seated good. Both shot good. Find a round that fits your barrel and go from there

M T Pockets 000

There I can't help you. I did try a few different bullets and some were too big and some were too small. I used the Parkers until I stumbled onto the XTPs that I had for a black powder Wolf. If the bullets I tried didn't fit I didn't try to resize. I do know some people resize bullets knurl or what ever. I ain't that talented.

jman 125

So that's my next question. Parker seems to be .45… fury is .452. I'm totally new to this so I want to buy bullets I can just use.

Buying a sizing die seems like I need to resize them.
Trust JCalder and get the sizing die from hankins . I know im sure glad i did. Im currently shooting the 300 grain Fury star tipped with the plastic tip with a dry wool wad . You will have to size them. It shoots 1/4 inch at 100 with this bullet if i do my job.hankins cva scout conversion

ADR

So maybe I misunderstood. When I went down this path, I was under the impression you could just buy .45 bullets and load them, but now it seems you have to resize them. It's a 45-70… .45 should fit, right?
Sometimes you get lucky but many times not. I had to size my fury's to fit my barrel but Barnes fit perfect without sizing. I have a sizing die and live in the boro as well. Happy to help you any way I can.

Bone Collector

Trust JCalder and get the sizing die from hankins . I know im sure glad i did. Im currently shooting the 300 grain Fury star tipped with the plastic tip with a dry wool wad . You will have to size them. It shoots 1/4 inch at 100 with this bullet if i do my job.hankins cva scout conversion
I forgot you did mention the resizing die… ok I guess I'll learn to resize bullets 😁

jman 125

The bore diameter is actually. 458 the lands on mine measure .451so i size mine and shoot with a wool wad to help seal the barrel.
Its a learning curve but once you have it shooting you will see why.

jman 125

I forgot you did mention the resizing die… ok I guess I'll learn to resize bullets 😁
I also tried calling you when we where pming on this but the number wasnt good and i dont know if you received the email that I sent you. If you need help when you get it i will be more than happy to help.
Just text me beforehand and I will answer

Latest posts