SEC Teams with new ‘23 QBs

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I hadn't thought about much until now, but most of the SEC will be turning to new, or largely new, QBs this year, and that will definitely make things interesting. Going by memory, this is what things will look like:

SECE - only teams returning full time starting QBs will be Vandy and USCe.
-UGA, UT, UK, and UF will all be breaking in new QBs.
-Mizzou had multiple starters last year, so I don't really know where I should count them since they don't have a clear #1 selected and returning.

SECW - only teams returning starting full-time QBs will be MSU, AR, and LSU (who may have the most intriguing QB situation in the SEC with a returning starter who will likely be pushed by a VERY talented backup who could easily take over).
-AU, UA, and Ole Miss will be starting brand new QBs.
-ATM will be returning a very good young sophomore who took over towards the end of the year, but didn't start all year. Pretty intriguing story under Petrino there.

Thus could make for another unpredictable year for the SEC next season, which should be exciting.

THEdonkey0515

Kentucky will be fine got a really good trasfer with 4 years of starting experience around 7k in passing yards and 60tds.

UT will be fine with joe Milton has some good experience all the tools in the world going into 3ed year in the system with a 5* setting and waiting.

Florida is rolling with Mertz....I don't think Florida fans are excited about it, and I don't think opponents are worried about ol' Mertz.

I have no idea about UGA, but they have so much talent to put around him I'm sure he will do fine.

Last edited:

PillsburyDoughboy

Attachments

• set-stick-figures-people-writing-holding-pencils-crayons-men-women-smiling-laughing-isolated-w...jpg
    set-stick-figures-people-writing-holding-pencils-crayons-men-women-smiling-laughing-isolated-w...jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 17