saw these yesterday

BOW4WHITETAILZ

303005.jpg

DPH

Good to see someone else gets excited bout turkeys this close to deer season. Turkey with a bow is my goal.

Mr. E

I have never taken a turkey with a bow but I am going to give it a try this year. Do you do much calling in the fall? Or do you set up near where you know they will be and just let them walk by?

Coach

I came back from the stand last bow season and was on my porch taking off my snake boots when I faintly heard a turkey. I finished taking off my boots and was standing there barefoot sipping on some bad morning coffee when I saw a flock headed to my lower field from the woods north of my place. I grabbed the bow and took off to the top of this little hill. They came by me and I was on one knee and shot at the biggest one. I was actually shooting down at him from the hill and the arrow went through him and stuck in the ground...briefly. The bird jumped straight up in the air and took off running towards a break in the lower field fence...along with my brand new Gold Tip arrow and muzzy broadhead. I took off after him, then realized I was barefoot and there are plenty of snakes. I ran back up to the house and got my boots on and I looked for two hours and never found the turkey or the arrow! A friend came over and we took the quad down and walked all around...nothing. I guess the lesson is to not shoot if you aren't prepared to take off after them.

hunter82

i have killed one with a bow ,i was in a deer stand and it came by and i shot.i must have got a little excited i was aiming at the side of the turkey and hit in in the neck.(almost took its head and neck off)

Latest posts