Savage 301 T barrel

Spurhunter

Has anyone had their barrel cut off and rethreaded. I'm wondering if the metal thickness is adequate to do so. I'm thinking about buying one in 20 gauge and cutting 4 or so inches off the barrel. Also, if anyone has a 301 in 20 they'd like to sell send me a PM please.

hillbillyfab

Go find my post in turkey gun thread. Stevens makes a 301 compact, not the turkey model. It isn't drilled and tapped, but it's threaded for chokes. I picked up one of these up before the turkey models were released. The barrel is 22" long, versus the turkey that is 26". Mine's not any fancy camo, just black. I drilled and tapped mine for an optic and have been happy with it for what it is.

Spurhunter

Go find my post in turkey gun thread. Stevens makes a 301 compact, not the turkey model. It isn't drilled and tapped, but it's threaded for chokes. I picked up one of these up before the turkey models were released. The barrel is 22" long, versus the turkey that is 26". Mine's not any fancy camo, just black. I drilled and tapped mine for an optic and have been happy with it for what it is.

That's an option also. Thanks.

Latest posts