Rutherford Countty Small Game Hunters?

NewCoonTrapper

Hey All,

As my name states I'm new to the scene. I have a hunting dog, that I took to hog hunting and it was great seeing him work. We don't have that quarry here so I want to use him for predator/vermin/tracking possibly.
Regardless, I am trying to learn the art of coon hunting/trapping. It would be great to have him as a trapline companion or just walk the woods with me as I hunt.

If anyone has any tips or tricks.. Im all ears. Locations would be awesome. I am in Smyrna near the airport. Coon calling seems very cool to me as well.

I just purchased a coon drag to start scent training... (My dog isn't a coon hound, or hound breed at all haha) So i assume we will start at Percy Priest WMA.

Thanks in Advance!
Mitch

Yotehntr

Here they are playing with a coyote

Attachments

• F2E543E4-5D22-43AB-A4B4-6BB5B564CF42.jpeg
    F2E543E4-5D22-43AB-A4B4-6BB5B564CF42.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 81

NewCoonTrapper

Here they are playing with a coyote
Oh man they are some nice looking dogs and that pic is what its all about.

My guy isn't a hound at all. He is a running catch dog for hog (DOGO ARGENTNO) but since I can only do that a few times a year I want to get him started on local quarry... Coyote would be great.. Are you running any dogs anymore?

I would love to walk to the woods with and pick your brain.

Either one of yours female? Make a good teacher.

So far he has 2 coon under his belt but they were lucky catches lol

I will add a few pics this evening

Yotehntr

I see you're in LaVergne, I'm in Murfreesboro. I'll shoot you a private message bud, we'll have to call a coyote in for him! I've watched vids of Dogo's lol that would be entertaining for sure!

Latest posts