Rob Roberts forcing cone patterns?

Bgoodman30

Figure this out..? Same gun M2 20 ga. Exact same choke. Exact same shell. Only difference is forcing cone work done on pattern analysis which resulted in almost 4x the hits in the 10"? The migra shell patterned great with other chokes a few less hits but there are less pellets with the stacked 7/9.

k
IMG_4659.JPEG
scan_20240318 (2) (1).JPEG
from RR.
IMG_4651.JPEG

Boll Weevil

Can't speak for M2 specifically but rate of constriction for some forcing cones are severe and can be rough as a Nebraska cob. Lengthening takes care of both.

Bgoodman30

The second one is an insane pattern. Any reason you don't go all 9s?

I usually do but I shot the exact same shell as patterned at RR above. The 9's have a few more in the 10" but there are 180 more pellets. Still good patterns but not with this choke.

Bgoodman30

Is one a before pic and the other an after pic?

I'm slow so I'm not sure what I'm figuring out?
The splatter target is my gun with exact same choke , shell combo as RR pattern analysis. Literally exact same choke because I borrowed it. The only difference is one has RR forcing come lengthened.

Remi

The splatter target is my gun with exact same choke , shell combo as RR pattern analysis. Literally exact same choke because I borrowed it. The only difference is one has RR forcing come lengthened.

If it makes that big of a difference Ol'Rob is fixing to get my barrel sent his way.

Remi

I will say I think your pattern may be high right

Have you shot at a 30x30 sheet of paper?

Bgoodman30

Yeah, I've already sent an email to them on the hat choke to include in the barrel, lol.

Well that choke is the worst one I tested? But by far the best with the forcing cone done? That's why I'm so confused

Remi

I'm not well read on forcing come stuff. I talked to one guy that said lengthening the cone would mean you need a more open choke. No idea if that's true.

Then other say it helps all the way around and other say it's made their pattern worse.

REN

He did the same work on my SBE2 years ago and it made a very nice difference with it. Gun shot amazing when I got it back, to bad I have not carried it in the turkey woods for a few years now :(

one day Ill send him my M2 20 but at this point it shoots so well I dont really want to mess with it.

Latest posts