Reelfoot Bluegill

east_tn_gk

Hey guys,
I've got a fishing trip coming up in early June out at Reelfoot. I'm going to just go after bluegill since it will be my first time to the lake. We'll be staying at Blue Bank, but not doing the guided thing.
I'm not going to ask for GPS coordinates to your honey hole, but does anyone have any advice on a general area of the lower basin to target? Or any tips on what type of physical features/structure to target?
Thanks

Iglow

Hey guys,
I've got a fishing trip coming up in early June out at Reelfoot. I'm going to just go after bluegill since it will be my first time to the lake. We'll be staying at Blue Bank, but not doing the guided thing.
I'm not going to ask for GPS coordinates to your honey hole, but does anyone have any advice on a general area of the lower basin to target? Or any tips on what type of physical features/structure to target?
Thanks
One word of advise is if you have the open type of cricket bucket, the kind you just put your hand down in with the sliding plastic tube thing ,keep it covered with a towel or something at all times when you're not fishing or the little birds will empty it in no time! I left mine on the front of the boat at lunch and came back...zero crickets. I didn't know what happened to them so I went and got some more, next day we was pulled up on the bank by the camper and I happened to look over at the front of the boat and the birds were like a production line getting in the bucket and coming out with a mouthful one after another.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Fish around the duck blinds, and close to any lily pads. It used to be good when I did it years ago, I would think it's still a decent strategy.

Latest posts