Recommend a good hot dog

4scout

Costco Kirkland hot dogs have the best flavor to me but they don't have the casing. Costco also sells a kielbasa, not Kirkland brand, that was about the size of a brat with a casing that was also really good.

Black Titan

Costco Kirkland hot dogs have the best flavor to me but they don't have the casing. Costco also sells a kielbasa, not Kirkland brand, that was about the size of a brat with a casing that was also really good.

Now that sounds good. I like kielbasa too. I make a sandwich with a kielbasa using a toasted or grilled hoagie bun, with a grilled kielbasa split lengthwise, topped with sautéed onions and green peppers, then drizzled with a little bit of ranch or Sriracha mayo. It's delicious!

That's a full size kielbasa though. Never seen any in a hot dog size.

BT

4scout

I think this was the brand and they probably sell it at other grocery stores. Your sandwich recipe sounds delicious!

Screenshot_20230826-182647~2.png

Black Titan

Here's what I come up with using the brat.

Johnsonville all pork smoked brat, cooked on the grill.
Pepperidge farms split top butter bun
Clausen dill pickle spear
Cream cheese ( yeah weird but amazing)
Grilled/sautéed onions
Bacon
Sriracha mayo

This thing is delicious. I would never have imagined cream cheese on a hot dog, but it just blends so well with all the other flavors. I use the whipped spread instead of block so it's easy to put on the bun.

The only thing the restaurant puts on it that I didn't add is diced fresh jalapeños. I normally would but wasn't really feeling it tonight.

Attachments

• 20230826_203254.jpg
    20230826_203254.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 42

mike243

Growing up in Mi as a kid I ate a million hot dogs, very few were grilled, nobody in the family cooked outdoors, I can't remember if it was A&W root beer places we hit a lot or not, too many years ago, wife likes the all beef but I think I prefer the meat blended. hard to beat the simplicity of cooking HD, and the toppings are endless. Now I want hotdogs for lunch lol.

kaizen leader

Anybody remember Dog N Suds? I even worked there and dressed up like a hot dog to walk in fro t of the place. Good dogs. Great root beer.

BMan

Here's what I come up with using the brat.

Johnsonville all pork smoked brat, cooked on the grill.
Pepperidge farms split top butter bun
Clausen dill pickle spear
Cream cheese ( yeah weird but amazing)
Grilled/sautéed onions
Bacon
Sriracha mayo

This thing is delicious. I would never have imagined cream cheese on a hot dog, but it just blends so well with all the other flavors. I use the whipped spread instead of block so it's easy to put on the bun.

The only thing the restaurant puts on it that I didn't add is diced fresh jalapeños. I normally would but wasn't really feeling it tonight.

Kroger used to (still does?) carry Johnsonville brat burgers. Dang, they're goood...

BMan

Anybody remember Dog N Suds? I even worked there and dressed up like a hot dog to walk in fro t of the place. Good dogs. Great root beer.

Ah, the old Arf n Barf. There's still a few of them around, although the one in Paragould, AR used to sell asian food along with the burgers.

The big draws were always Coney Dogs, Charco Burgers, and of course the root beer.

Last edited:

kaizen leader

I can't eat a lot of the dogs and brats around because it's hard to find them without MSG. Especially brats. Everything Johnsonville makes has MSG. MSG gives me migraines and more. Bad stuff. If you know of any brats or good dogs without MSG please let me know. Thx

Latest posts