Quail and pheasant recipe

tree_ghost

Looking for a good recipe for some quail and pheasant I harvested on a hunt a couple months back. Never had either bird some I'm open to anything. Thanks guys

Attachments

• B035C442-5A3F-4CB4-8242-01BCE3CC8659.jpeg
    B035C442-5A3F-4CB4-8242-01BCE3CC8659.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 104

TN Song Dog

Crock pot the pheasant with cream of mushrooms soup. Remove all 1,000 bones, and then add egg noodles and sour cream. Its great. Sounds like a wasteful way to cook/eat it, but its kinda difficult to cook without drying out. And all of those spiney bones...

waterman

brown the quail. remove from the pan. reserve 3 tbls oil. add 3 tbls flour and cook till brown. add 2 cups chicken stock(better than bouillon is my favorite) then simmer about 30 mins till tender. always called it smothered quail. for pheasant we make white chili.

tree_ghost

who did you hunt with? looks like a good day
We went to Deer Creek Lodge in Ky. The company rewarded us for a solid bottom line in 2020. It was my first time wing shooting. I had a blast doing it! The morning hunt we shot 58 birds between the 3 of us and that afternoon we brought home 72. This is a game preserve so it wasn't like shooting wild birds from what I gather but it was a great place for me to get my feet wet in wing shooting...not to mention the facilities are top shelf!

waterman

will have to check them out. my wife and i try to hit a local preserve at least once a year. not a wild bird hunt but the best you can do here in tn. we've hunted with pigeon creek, meadowbrook farms, creekside and sawbriar. all are great preserves. always alot of fun.

Latest posts