Open discussion regarding reporting poaching

PickettSFHunter

As I have mentioned several times, in my area, most local people that I know at least hunt illegally sometimes, while many others go to the extreme of spotlighting all the time. The ones that do sometimes, primarily hunt over bait or shoot from the road when the chance arises. Very few would pass a big buck from the road. I happen to know numerous folks on the extreme side, so I hear the stories/see the pictures all the time. All this being said, I could provide information that would lead to fairly easy convictions and some that could at least start a good investigation at numerous times of the year. I have done this a few times in certain cases. Now... on to the point. Our GW, in my opinion, is difficult to report to. He is great at catching poachers, but not a "people person". Not very approachable, IMO, he rightfully suspects local hunters. Also, for the hotline, they press you hard for your name. Not a big deal you say, well in a rural area and when discussing people that everyone may know, I am very reluctant to attach my name to a report unless it's directly with the GW. Also, you of course would not want the people suspecting you of snitching or the information flow would cease. So..... I see a need for a better system, one where I can report as anonymously as possible and easily send evidence such as maps and pictures. I'm not aware of a system for this...such as email or something like that. Ideas?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts