First Lite Kiln Hoody (grey)

AT Hiker

I have this exact hoody/color and love it. A solid mid layer during cold weather hunts and a perfect outer layer for everything else when long sleeves are needed. It's performed well on Kodiak, backpacking in the Tetons, early season desert pronghorn and here in TN for just about anything imaginable.

I love the hood, 1/4 zip dumps heat if needed and every long sleeve should have thumb holes like this. It's a good wool and for the sale price will be hard to find a comparable product.

I'm 5'10" 175lbs and the medium is more like an athletic fit on me. I can wear a thin base layer t-shirt underneath and not have it bulk up on me.

Yeah, yeah, First Lite and Meateater are anti gun, anti hunters and probably fly Joe Biden flags outside their roof top flats in NYC.
Still, it's a good product and the price is about as good as you'll get for a new product of this quality and fit.

Gravey

How does it compare to the chama?

EDIT: tried looking for the chama on their website and couldn't find it but noticed in the description of the kiln it says it's the successor of the chama. I have it and at 5' 10" and 210 lbs the XL fits me great.

Last edited:

buckbstr_1

Well out of luck on this one. I am 6'0" and a paltry 305lbs. Sure is hard to get those deals for bigger men.

Latest posts