Ok I have lost my mind.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I asked a dude at work about whether or not he still had his book where he took his motorcycle test recently.
He told me he got the book off the net somewhere.
Anyone know off the top of their head where you would find something like this?

I am thinking very seriously about getting me a bike to ride back and forth to work.
My budget will only allow me to buy something small and I actually plan on making about half the payment, if not more, with money I will save on gas.
I generally spend around 75 bucks every 5 days for gas now and if I buy a bike that will get nearly 40 miles per gallon I will go to work and back for a week for around 20 bucks. :)

I know the social acceptable thing will be to buy a harley so I will fit in with everyone else.
However, I am looking at something like a Rebel or something along those lines.
Probably end up trading it for something bigger later but for now all I want is cheaper transportation.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wow, did some checking, and if you attend a state certified rider trainging course and pass, license skills and knowledge tests will be waived.
All you got to do then is pass the vision test and pay your fees and you are good to go.
Probably go that route. hee hee

Big Gun

Ruger,
I'm scheduled to take that class the weekend of July 13th. A guy at work got a book from one of the local dealers though.

Big Gun

RUGER said:
Where you taking the class at BigGun?
I am gonna call Abernathy's and get the 411 on it all next week.
Here at Southwest Tn. comm. College, formerly State Technical Institute.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Cool, if I don't get to take it before you do, let me know how it is.
So, what bike you gonna get? ;)

I found a 1200 sportster 2006 model with 1,200 miles on it that I am pretty sure I can buy for $6,500 but I don't know if I am gonna spend that much or not.

dg7080

Ruger, what 1200 Sporty is it? Custom, R model, Low?? Good bikes, I had a 2006 Custom for a while. thats probably a good buy on a low miles 06.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dennis, not sure actually as of yet.
Just found out about it yesterday at work.
A woman that used to work for me and her girlfriend bought it and don't like it for whatever reason.
Said she has been asking 7 K for it and as far as he knew she still had it.
Said he heard her say that her payoff was 6,200 and if she could get 6,500 she would probably let it go.
Gonna find out about it next week.

rem270

if your wanting a honda i'd go a step up from the rebel and get the shadow 600 or even the 750.
i hope to have one in the next few years and ill prolly go with the shadow 750 to start out on.

Big Gun

Ruger,
VTX 1300c I just got back from looking at one, it was really nice but he wanted too much for the mileage it had.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Honestly I have always wanted one, but I will just have to see what's out there and how much they want for it. :)
I want that v-rod someone posted in here but just can't swing it right now.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yeah I thought about that DA, but with my luck someone like worm would pull me over as soon as I got out of my driveway. :D

Friend of my father-in-law just bought a bike a few weeks ago. He lost control (won't tell anyone what happened) and wrecked it and hurt himself pretty bad before he ever went to get his license.
Collapsed lung, broken ribs, shoulder etc.
The police came to his hospital room to give him a ticket. :D

Latest posts