Norris vs Watts Bar

Rakkin6

Quick question for you all. I grew up in East Tennessee but now live in Clarksville. Just now really getting into bass fishing and if you had the option to Largemouth fish in either Norris or Watts Bar which would you choose. My family lives roughly about an hour from each so either would be fine. Thanks for any advice.

Eli103

ok me say that i hate norris its more of a party lake for me. but we can sometimes get on the smallies off of points and drop offs. either with bear hair jigs, spinner baits, flukes, etc.

Rakkin6

Well me and my buddy are going to Chickamauga in March for a day then we're heading to my families for a day before we head back to Clarksville.

Rakkin6

Yeah make sure you stay in contact with me and when I get a chance I will go to my storage unit and fire up Lowrance. I have some spots marked on there. I will give you the coordinates. It sucks HOA gets pissy about boats in our driveway. Next house is not going to be in a subdivision.

Rakkin6

I am in Clarksville so a pretty good drive. About 3 1/2 hours or so depending on how much me and my buddy stop/traffic etc.

Safari Hunt

Guys, remember that Dayton, TN, is touted as the Bass Capitol of the South, www.fishdayton.com. The state record LMB was caught in Chickmauga, 15-3, on February 13, 2015. Florida strain bass were stocked, if I recall.
If you want a guide, I recommend ScenicCityFishing.com. Guy in the green shirt, Richard Simms, is a friend. They were given a top award from TripAdvisor.

larry ipock

Fished Watts Bar from a boat regularly from 1987 to 2000. Just got tired of the drive going home. If you want numbers of catfish, largemouth, crappie, and not a few big ones, that's the place to go. PM me for some spots to try. The millfoil's come back, which makes it even better. And I hear that the Walleye stocked there some years ago are doing well. Been fishing Norris from 2000 to present. Norris does not give up its secrets easily, but the smallmouth are there in size and numbers. Walleye, used to catch em pretty good in April and May at night, now not so much. Crappie, I hear stories, but can't catch a limit there if my life depended on it. LOL If someone on here that can catch Crappie on Norris, please point me in the right direction. Not specific locations, just seasonal depth, techniques, and general section of lake.

ewc

Fished Watts Bar from a boat regularly from 1987 to 2000. Just got tired of the drive going home. If you want numbers of catfish, largemouth, crappie, and not a few big ones, that's the place to go. PM me for some spots to try. The millfoil's come back, which makes it even better. And I hear that the Walleye stocked there some years ago are doing well. Been fishing Norris from 2000 to present. Norris does not give up its secrets easily, but the smallmouth are there in size and numbers. Walleye, used to catch em pretty good in April and May at night, now not so much. Crappie, I hear stories, but can't catch a limit there if my life depended on it. LOL If someone on here that can catch Crappie on Norris, please point me in the right direction. Not specific locations, just seasonal depth, techniques, and general section of lake.
Davis Creek near the Doakes pond side.

Latest posts