New elk chaser

TNRifleman

Picked up a Bergara B14 Crest in 6.5 PRC this week and put a Tract Toric on it. Bergara has started making carbon fiber stocks in house and this one is fantastic. Not sure if it will be my primary rifle or my backup but will define making the trip to CO this year.
IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

TNRifleman

Man that is a sharp looking rifle. Now use your pull at Bergara and tell them to make the same rifle with a flush floor plate and I'll be all in.
Man I wish. Unfortunately it seems like the whole
Industry is moving toward magazines. Guys like you and me who want a floor plate are the minority for sure

mr.big

Man I wish. Unfortunately it seems like the whole
Industry is moving toward magazines. Guys like you and me who want a floor plate are the minority for sure
Will Rem BDL bottom metal and mag box work on those?? I know they're a Rem clone and take the same triggers

TNRifleman

Would a 3 rd mag be any better or is that what it has?

That is exactly what is in my gun. The 6.5 PRC uses the 300 WSM AICS mag. I have the 3 round mag because it is ans low profile as I can get. Unfortunately there is no good option for any manufacturer with the 6.5PRC right now. They are too fat to fit in a single stack polymer mag conversion kit and with a BDL style bottom metal, the internal box mag can only hold two rounds. I have a few 6.5 CM and they for great in a single stack polymer mage that is flush fit and works with BDL style Rem 700 stocks.

TiminTN

I have not warmed up to the extended magazines, or the hook in the butstock. It has saved me lots if money....lol

That really looks like a high quality, durable rifle. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts