New deer regs are posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

scn

AlabamaSwamper said:
According to that you can bow hunt during Juvi if you wish.

No. If you read on down the page it says archery season is closed during the young sportsman hunt.

You had me worried for a second as I knew a change like that had not been discussed.

RAFI

bama see the * not sure why they make regs so hard to read.

RAFI

scn said:
AlabamaSwamper said:
According to that you can bow hunt during Juvi if you wish.

No. If you read on down the page it says archery season is closed during the young sportsman hunt.

You had me worried for a second as I knew a change like that had not been discussed.

why dont they say that in the hunting dates?I could see people reading that and never reading on.why do they word things so hard to read all the time in the regs?lol

AlabamaSwamper

O. I actually support all seasons being closed for the youth to have their own weekends so that is good. I was reading quickly through it and just happened to notice that.

If I'm hunting that weekend I'll have a youth doing the shooting.

RAFI

ok it also says bucks must have ANTLERS ATLEAST 3" last year in the hunting guide it said a buck must have AN ANTLER 3" LONG.I looked it up.lol Did they change the rule or is the guide book or regs wrong?

scn

RAFI said:
ok it also says bucks must have ANTLERS ATLEAST 3" last year in the hunting guide it said a buck must have AN ANTLER 3" LONG.I looked it up.lol Did they change the rule or is the guide book or regs wrong?

The Proclamation is the legal document. The Hunting Guide states that it IS NOT a legal document.

JCDEERMAN

Did anyone notice that the deer season is extended to the first full weekend in January? That means January 5th and 6th are back to then ending weekend of rifle season. I am SO truly thankfull for that!!!!!!

Thank you :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

timberjack86

JCDEERMAN said:
Did anyone notice that the deer season is extended to the first full weekend in January? That means January 5th and 6th are back to then ending weekend of rifle season. I am SO truly thankfull for that!!!!!!

Thank you :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Yep Thats Great News! :)

RAFI

scn said:
RAFI said:

The Proclamation is the legal document. The Hunting Guide states that it IS NOT a legal document.

ok thanks it the same for years but when i shot that one point last year the guide said antler I dont feel so bad about wasting my last buck on it. :/

RAFI

also they put a hunting guide out and say its not legal?thought that was the the whole f point for the hunting GUIDE lol

scn

RAFI said:
also they put a hunting guide out and say its not legal?thought that was the the whole f point for the hunting GUIDE lol

The Hunting Guide is not meant for a legal document. It is an informational summary that does not read verbatim with statutes and Commission passed regulations. All of the applicable statutes, Rules and Regulations, and Proclamations are linked on the TWRA website. That is it is printed in bold on page 8 that it is not a legal document.

RAFI

ok explain scn what is the hunting guide for if its not to tell the hunting rules

Andy S.

The H&T Guide is nothing more than a SUMMARY of Tennessee's hunting and trapping regulations. As Steve stated, it is clearly printed on page 8 in the lower left hand corner.

RAFI

ok thanks im very surprised to know that the twra guide has rules wrong and tells us that.wow i thought if we had a ? that was where to look.I cant tell you how messed up that is.Thanks for the info scn.none of us should trust the hunting guide
we never know if its true or not.wow

scn

RAFI said:
ok thanks im very surprised to know that the twra guide has rules wrong and tells us that.wow i thought we if we had ? that was where to look.I cant tell you how messed up that is.Thats for the info scn.none of us should trust the hunting guide
we never know if its true or not.wow

It doesn't say that it has anything wrong. It says it is not a legal document. Sorry that is so hard to understand.

For some reason my patience in dealing with smart azzes is wearing thin these days. I think I will take advantage of the ignore feature at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts