New bucks

deerhunter10

I went almost all season with only picking up 4 new bucks on all of our farms . (Very unusual) but the past 2 weeks I have picked up 7 new bucks 1 a shooter, 3 great potential, and the other 3 just young deer all on one farm Never experienced picking up so many new bucks this late. Having a big mass crop really hurts this farm as it was logged and very very few oak trees on it. So I assume they have finally ran out of Acorns or getting close to. Pretty interesting. Also have very few bucks that aren't grouped back up (pretty normal for us this time of the year) but just a little information. Also super impressed still with our browning cameras in this bitter cold weather also my tactacams, both have done very well with batteries and taking pictures. My Moultries edges not impressed at all.

BSK

Very interesting. I often pick up new bucks in mid-January. No idea why. But I also usually see a surge in rubbing and scraping at this time too. Female fawns coming into heat the first time?

backyardtndeer

Cool you picked up the new bucks. Activity on my cams is really poor the past few weeks. Worse than normal for this time of year, not sure if the weather may have had an impact on activity around the cams or not.

Latest posts