Need opinions regarding a rifle I own

jetwrnch

I have an all original 1967 Glenfield Mod. 30 in 35 Rem in better than average condition, but not perfect. The kicker is that apparently only about 3k of these were ever made. It shoots and handles great. I even like the shorter mag tube as compared to a regular 336. I don't have any heirs, so I can't decide if I should just use the heck out of it and let it go for cheap at my estate sale, or sell to a collector that will understand what they have. I have another 336 in 35 and would like to have one with a few aftermarket tacti-cool mods. Mainly just for added functionality and to look like it should actually have a modern scope sitting on it. Bigger loop, Boyd's stock, no sights... the usual. I just can't see modding the Glenfield.

akachuck

If you keep it. Build it out like I did.

Attachments

• 80BC9773-7789-4C0F-BA27-0A4D024C9EFB.jpeg
    80BC9773-7789-4C0F-BA27-0A4D024C9EFB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 104

DaveTN

Do you still shoot? If you have ammo; I'd shoot it. But then I shoot everything. :) You say it's "average" condition so it's not going to matter if you shoot it or not.

If you still shoot, and with .35 Remington going for around $3 a round, and will be one of those not quickly coming back into the marketplace; I'd sell it or trade it for something I would either hunt with or use as a range toy.

jetwrnch

I reload for the 35 and I'll never mod the Glenfield since I have a 336. I just don't know if the rarity of the rifle changes anything. It has a period correct Redfield scope as well as the original sights. I'm somewhat of a minimalist when it comes to firearms and prefer function over form. I load for and use everything I own and limit my calibers to a chosen few. If the rarity of the rifle doesn't add any value I'll just upgrade the scope and use it. That shorter mag tube really does change the handling for the better.

Madbowh

I would keep it I don't get rid of anything especially harder to find things. I bought a shotgun one day 20 gauge single shot don't even need it by has Kmart stamped on it they haven't made guns in a long time. I paid 60 for it at a gun shop guy there didn't even know it was akmart. I get it keep it, seen more people that have said something they used to have they wished they didn't get rid of. Save it give it to your kid one day they smile on their face from dad given them something of his unique will be worth the hold even if it's not much or worth anything it will be to them

Latest posts