Need Help - Powder measure problem

Encore Eye Candy

1. My dispenser is throwing charges that are not consistent. I'm doing the same steps each time.
2. The powder holder has a lot of static, which is not good at least I think.

It is a RCBS measure. The var is .2 to .5 grs. So I'm having to measure each charge as I load.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
I've always individually weighed all my powder charges so I can't be of a lot of help with the powder measure problem. You might try the tip I use on funnels and drop tubes for the static though. If you can get to the workings of the measure rub the parts with a dryer fabric softener sheet and see it that helps. It works with my system....maybe yours. One thing I've always heard about the measures is to be sure to do everything the same way each time and bang the handle an extra time when returning it to battery each time to help with settling the charge in the measure and consistancy in the charge weights. Also, some powders with long cuts just don't measure well in a mechanical powder measure. Ball powders do much better.

Tiny

Dittos to Whelen Mans Above + my 2 cents.

Might try changeing the weight you have it set to throw,play around with it.Sometimes these things will throw a perticular powder and charge weight much better than one that is just a grain or less different.Of coarse it needs to be one in your data to load safely.

"The var is .2 to .5 grs. So I'm having to measure each charge as I load. "
Your doing what you need to do there IMO as well as ASK Questions. If those loads are well within the data you have,and you have started low and worked up to it,you might be suprized just how well they may shoot for you.Still would pefer them to all to be exactly the same.

One other thing when seeting one up throw 2-3 chagres after adjusting the measure and try to adjust it after you have thrown a charge but before you return it to pick up the next charge.

Latest posts