NAP Crossbow broadheads changed?

LanceS4803

I bought a pack of the New Archery Products Spitfire Crossbow 125gr broaheads. The black one (bottom) in the photo.
As I can't find them local anymore, I ordered another pack on-line. The same, exact product, but received the silver one with the blade on the point.

Did they change styles? Which is the newer? Any reason to switch to the silver (the black shoots great)?

DSCN6592_zpsf55065a6.jpg

cecil30-30

The top head is a spitfire maxx.The bottom one is a regular spitfire.The maxx has a 1 3/4 inch cut.THe spitfire has 1 1/2inch cut.This is straight from NAP, on the spitfire broadheads,they are all the same even though you can find some packs labeled crossbow spitfire.They said they just did that to appeal to the crossbow crowd.

LanceS4803

Thanks.
Which is better for crossbow at 345fps?
I'm happy to stick with the regular Spitfire as long as there is no problem with premature opening.

cecil30-30

I've used both,and both have performed great.I like the spitfire maxx just a little better because of hte big cutting diameter.But either will and have put them down fast.But my crossbow wasn't shooting 345fps either,it was shooting 305.

Latest posts