Maturish buck with no fear…..

redblood

Broke out the little tractor yesterday to do a little bushhogiing on a small parcel of land i purchased across the rd from the farm where we live. This piece is basically an overgrown sanctuary so i bushhogged a couple 1/4 acre food plot areas (will let the rest continue to jungle up). Saw probably 25 deer ease out as i started but this buck never left and even came 200 yards to where i had bushhogged to check out the work. Deer are generally very safe on and around our place, but i have no history with this guy, to my knowledge anyway. This photos was at about 15 yards but at dark he was no more than 5.

redblood

One more try

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 10

Bushape

A few years ago my neighbor had some pics of a massive buck (145+") that was hanging around my house/farm during the summer. Was Bushhogging one night while it was cooler and I chased him and two other bucks up. They went to the other side of my property and bedded back down and watched me work for a while.

double browtine

I've seen some nice bucks up close when they are in velvet. From the truck, riding a four wheeler etc. Once they get hard horns it is like they have a sense! Lots more weary and spook a lot faster when you encounter them.

backyardtndeer

Tractor here doesn't really bother them, they usually just walk off and stay tucked in the edge where they think they are hidden, and often walk right back out when you are going away from them. I have on many occasions had deer watch me from clover plots while I was bushhogging, and let me get pretty close before they took to the edge. They are not as tolerant of the 4 wheeler, I have however watched deer walk within 5 yards of a side by side on the property behind me.

rem270

Tractor never seen to bother them around me either. There's been countless times I've seen them walk out and check it out or start eating on the freshly cut stuff.

I've got a video of turkeys this year in March. I started out of my yard headed to my back field to mow my food plot and 3 were strutting and a bunch of hens around. I stopped the tractor and they milled around heading right to me. Had some hens run right up to the tractor with me standing by it staying still. Blew my mind they did that. It's almost like they were tame and used to being fed out of a bucket lol.

Bell3wv

Weird little creatures. My dad used to take care of his in WV. He passed a coupoe of years ago but when I travel up there to work the farm or hunt I usually have some wander up to me. It's like they sit around the oak tree and tell stories about the guy with the bucket of corn.

Attachments

• 20191129_154230.jpg
    20191129_154230.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20191129_162846.jpg
    20191129_162846.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 2