For Sale M1 Garand (1943)

DaveTN

M1 Garand (1943)

This is a 1943 M1 Garand Service grade from CMP. It is in a Walnut stock from Wenig Custom Gunstocks in Lincoln, MO. I bought it unfinished and I applied the finish. The original military stock will be included.

It has an aluminum scope mount made by Amega Mounts and marked "CMP Garand Scout".

The scope is a black matt Simmons ProHunter 2-6X32 Long Eye relief scope.

The throat erosion is a 1, and the Muzzle is a 1. So this rifle wasn't fired much.

I am including 80 rounds of M2 Ball from Lake City in Enbloc clips. And the CMP Rifle Case.

I have never fired this rifle.

Price is $2K cash or trade, picked up in Murfreesboro. If you have a C&R I will ship to you.

PLEASE READ THIS: I have a C&R and this is logged in on it. There is not a background check, but I need your Name, Address, Phone, and TN Drivers license number to show the disposition of the firearm. If you don't want to do that; this isn't the rifle for you.

I have a CMP Certificate for this rifle, but I can't find it right now. When and if I do, I will include it.

A note about possible trades is below.

thtiN2J.jpg

dftWBbl.jpg

cxt4EiQ.jpg

3FQE7ma.jpg

njYwVfX.jpg

kbmit9B.jpg

qWaGBx1.jpg

BN56clI.jpg

7vaCJyd.jpg

YMGxlZu.jpg

9cymLOc.jpg

Last edited:

DaveTN

The only trades I'd be interested in is some ham radio gear, and I'm pretty specific about what I want, so it's doubtful. But you just never know with you guys. :)

Whatever I trade for would need to be in near new condition. I'm not interested in any junk or old beater radios.

Right now I (think) I have it narrowed it down to a Yaesu FT-991a or an Icom IC-7100. I'm pretty much looking for something that will cover all the bands in one radio.

I'm also going to buy a portable antenna that I can take with me RVing. Looking at a Buddipole and a Mastwerks Mast or something like that. Freestanding Tripod antenna. Some of the areas where I camp don't have trees around the RV. So really not interested in wires in trees. More along the lines of portable Parks On The Air type antennas. I'll probably at first need 2 meters and 10 meters. But the more capability the better.

I won't put a value on your trade, so you need to tell me the terms you have in mind. If you have something you think I might be interested in, shoot me a PM with a description and if you aren't interested in trading; a cash price. Really no need to do pictures until I see if I'm even interested.

gtk

Staff member
The only trades I'd be interested in is some ham radio gear, and I'm pretty specific about what I want, so it's doubtful. But you just never know with you guys. :)

Right now I (think) I have it narrowed it down to a Yaesu FT-991a or an Icom IC-7100. I'm pretty much looking for something that will cover all the bands in one radio.
I will check w/my FIL. He is a "sometimes collector" of firearms. He also has a basement full of ham radio equipment, among other stuff (like 100+ antique clocks)

DaveTN

I'll add this for $150 if you buy the rifle. :)

Latest posts