LOOKING TO PURCHASE A GOOD TRUMPET

String Music

cowhunter71":1th8xp7g said:
5 1/2 osage, push in delrin mouthpieces #'s 1,2,3, and 4. I'll send you a pic and you can post it here if you like. It's full of hen turkey ;)

I'm just getting into trumpets. Which mouthpieces are more user friendly?

Btw, I got that curly maple trumpet in. It's not bad. Definitely a field grade trumpet and I'm glad I didn't spend more than $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZachMarkus

callemquacktn":emxfasks said:
I have a Steve Turpin trumpet and love it. His family has been making trumpet calls for a long time

Steve makes a dang good trumpet another good trumpet maker is Kenny pedelahore (Kenny the Pimp) from Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cowhunter71

String Music":42foxi46 said:
cowhunter71":42foxi46 said:
5 1/2 osage, push in delrin mouthpieces #'s 1,2,3, and 4. I'll send you a pic and you can post it here if you like. It's full of hen turkey ;)

I'm just getting into trumpets. Which mouthpieces are more user friendly?

Btw, I got that curly maple trumpet in. It's not bad. Definitely a field grade trumpet and I'm glad I didn't spend more than $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have not been able to experiment with different mouthpieces yet. I haven't received the others from Mr. Billy yet. Thin mouthpiece, higher pitch with less rollover. Wider mouthpiece, lower pitch with more rollover. Andy can prolly explain it better. There's a good youtube video on oldgobbler under the trumpet/wingbone forum featuring Rev. Zach Farmer running a trumpet. Listen to that old man. Pure turkey from a true "killer". The realism and rasp he produces is unbelievable in my opinion.

TiminTN

SKFOOTER":37vtw0vc said:
How do I contact Frank?
He has been in the Memphis phone book under L.F Cox, call, see if you can go by and listen to several trumpets. I own 5 of them now, and have parted ways with that many. The thing is they are not all the same in tone or volume. I have 1 that I hunt with that sounds the best to my ear, and several dead gobblers. Its a Osage orange barrel and buffalo horn mouthpiece that I wouldn`t trade for a gold democrat. Good luck.

Latest posts