Lee Autodrum

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I have a Lee 1000 setup that I use for my pistol reloading. I had a Lee Autodisk that I have used for years, but it was worn and sticking and allowing really fine powder like (WC820 pulldown) to leak around the disks and make quite a mess. So I bought a Lee Autodrum to replace it. My setup incorporates a Hornady Powder Cop (highly recommended) to check powder drops. The autodrum has worked well for about 2K loads so far, but yesterday I was loading some 357 and noticed that the charges were creeping up per the powder cop, so I weighed a few and they were heavy and getting heavier. About 1.5 grains heavy and inching up with each load. I stopped, took the autodrum apart to see if I could find and issue. Found none, cleaned it and put it back together, now it is throwing the correct load.

Again I have not had an issue with it previously and it seems to be a simple design that should not be able to even have this issue. The WC820 is extremely fine and maybe making it bind, but I would think that binding would cause light charges, not heavy. Anybody else ever have any similar experience with the autodrum?

DaveB

Not used an auto-drum. The Lee I do use is rock solid in dispensing the same charge after more than 4500 rounds. I use CFE Pistol. I tested charge weights after every 10 then 20 then 50 and now every 100-200 rounds. And yes, I was shocked to see such repeatability.

Latest posts