Latest gun crush......

Mackey

I've been thinking about getting a Henry single shot 20 ga and adding some type of red dot sight to it for a new turkey gun. Anybody on here ever done this? I really like the quality of Henry guns and I'm just wanting a single shot 20 gauge for a new challenge. I plan to shoot Federal TSS shells. Any thoughts?

Mackey

ROVERBOY

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Like you said with good sights and so forth it should be good. Also the TSS shells are awesome. I've actually never tried them. I shoot Win. Longbeards.

Southern Sportsman

Mackey":clv4hxz9 said:
I've been thinking about getting a Henry single shot 20 ga and adding some type of red dot sight to it for a new turkey gun. Anybody on here ever done this? I really like the quality of Henry guns and I'm just wanting a single shot 20 gauge for a new challenge. I plan to shoot Federal TSS shells. Any thoughts?

Mackey

Check out GobblerNation.com forum. Unbelievable amout of small gauge turkey gun and TSS knowledge there. But I've never seen a 20 gauge that couldn't be a good turkey gun with the right TSS load.

Southern Sportsman

Mackey":nz9olwe9 said:
SS, thank you for gobblernation.com. GREAT website!

Glad to help. But be warned, if you hang around there too much, you'll end up spending a lot of money. Rockhound on here pointed me to GN years ago. If my wife knew him, she'd never forgive him.

hillbillyfab

It's not a Henry, but I just brought home a Stevens single shot 20. It's a model 301 with removable choke. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on top of it just yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll do with the new turkey loads and chokes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ROVERBOY

Some type of fiber optics would be nice. And it would help keep the weight down. Does it have a rib?

Southern Sportsman

ROVERBOY":2z2pevb5 said:
Some type of fiber optics would be nice. And it would help keep the weight down. Does it have a rib?

I was anti scope/sight on a turkey gun for a long time. And there is no question that you can kill turkeys with a plain ol' bead. But the burris and vortex red dots are really nice for a choked down turkey gun. I now have one on my 12 and .410 turkey guns and love them.

Rockhound

Southern Sportsman":3ki2wmqt said:
Mackey":3ki2wmqt said:
SS, thank you for gobblernation.com. GREAT website!

Glad to help. But be warned, if you hang around there too much, you'll end up spending a lot of money. Rockhound on here pointed me to GN years ago. If my wife knew him, she'd never forgive him.

:lol: please dont point me out, I'm still trying to talk mine down.