Knife sharpener

Omega

Best ones are the ones with bevel gauges on them, Lansky makes an inexpensive and good one, mine is standard stones, but they make diamond ones.
iu

iu

You can hold it, or get the base, I love mine but have a bunch of sharpeners.

iu

CHRIS WILSON

Best ones are the ones with bevel gauges on them, Lansky makes an inexpensive and good one, mine is standard stones, but they make diamond ones.
iu

iu

You can hold it, or get the base, I love mine but have a bunch of sharpeners.

iu
Second the Lansky style system. I've used on for several years now. It can put a wicked edge on a knife.

Hduke86

Wicked edge
Man ol man, if I could ever bring myself to buying one and especially the fully loaded one. I'd probably just go door to door offering to sharpen peoples knives for them. I have a buddy that has one and it gets a knife scary sharp. I have a worksharp sharpener and it does good BUT it physically just can't put an edge on a knife as cleanly and precise as the Wicked Edge.

Omega

Wicked edge
$$$
Workshop Ken Onion.
Have the standard one, it works good but it's no more than a tiny belt sander with bevel gauges. Also, if you aren't careful, you can round out the tip of a knife fairly quickly. When I first got it, I went around and sharpened everything with an edge, worked great but has since sat on the shelf.

TnTurk

This one works well for knives.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129-145508_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221129-145508_Samsung Internet.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 112

backyardtndeer

I have a lansky standard, and it does a great job. Also have a chefs choice 3 stage electric sharpener with a strop that does a great job. I think if taking my time I can get a little better edge with the lansky stones. Have several of the little ceramic pull through sharpeners that just do so so and have a washer style pull though that also does ok for touching up knives.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Man ol man, if I could ever bring myself to buying one and especially the fully loaded one. I'd probably just go door to door offering to sharpen peoples knives for them. I have a buddy that has one and it gets a knife scary sharp. I have a worksharp sharpener and it does good BUT it physically just can't put an edge on a knife as cleanly and precise as the Wicked Edge.
I have the GEN3pro and i haven't perfected it yet but i have gotten a couple really good results.

skipperbrown

I've had a stupid simple Chef's Choice Select Edge sharpener for about 20 years. I got it because my wife can dull a nice sharp kitchen knife in 30 seconds slapping it into granite so it gets a lot of use (She can't be cured). It has 3 slots but I only use/need 2. I can put an edge on any knife in less than 5 min that will easily shave the hair on your arm. Once the bevel is set, it takes about 3 minutes to do the same for repeat sharpening.

I only used it for kitchen knives for years and used a Lansky for my good knives, but since it is so fast and and easy I use the Chef's Choice for all my knives now and then finish using a leather strop with polishing compound if I want a really fine surgical edge.

Specializedjon

Which ever one you end up with get yourself a strop also. THAT will make the edge damn near surgical sharp. I can strop my blades without having to put them on a stone. It takes patience, but it works.

Attachments

• 71oXpK0R44L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    71oXpK0R44L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 51
Worksharp guided field sharpener is fairly simple, small ie you could put in your day pack etc. Easy to achieve a sharp blade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230101-161905_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101-161905_Samsung Internet.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 34

Huntaholic

Lanksy is what I use. I can free sharpen a knife and make it shave but the Lanksy does it better. Chefs choice is garbage IMHO and yes I have one.

Davyalabama

Which ever one you end up with get yourself a strop also. THAT will make the edge damn near surgical sharp. I can strop my blades without having to put them on a stone. It takes patience, but it works.
Word of advice, if you don't know how to use a strop, watch a couple youtube videos on how to use it.

I use a strop on my fixed blade broad heads.

I use a manual, I don't like the electric, kitchen knife sharpener and a strop. I'm better and faster with the kitchen knife sharpener than I am with the Spyderco I bought years ago.