Im in the market for a 308 precision chassis rifle. Recommendations?

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Sig Cross is on a chassis, but it is built more to be light and collapsible than precision. I've handled one in a gun store a few times, and it was super cool for the dreams of backcountry adventures, but it was also a little less "solid" feeling than I expected. Also remember that the first generation of these that Sig released for consumer beta testing (Sig cannot be bothered by testing their own stuff) had safety failures that caused numerous accidental discharges upon closing the bolt… in other words, do not buy a used one unless you know for sure that that was after that issue was resolved.

I can't speak to the Seekins, but they carry a good reputation

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Christensen has the MPR its a slick setup. Not my gig but it's cool in its own way.

MUP

I have a RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor also, and with handloads it's a sub 1/2 MOA shooter at distance. If I was going to go the .308 route I wouldn't hesitate to make another RPR purchase in .308.

Screenshot_20230916-053521.png

Swampster

I shoot way better with the Rec 10 than I ever expected to. Brass lands in a neat little pile. Sturdy gun. You could improve on the trigger if precision is what you are looking for. With the price tag on this rifle, most are probably not looking to put a lot of money in mods.

Coltens

If you want to build one you can buy a Howa barreled action from Brownells and buy a chassis for them. I think the action runs about 450 and the chassis can be however much your budget is.

DaveTN

GAG has the RUGER PRECISION .308 WIN 20" BARREL (18028) for $1296, in stock.

Latest posts