Hunting knife

Huntaholic

A gerber bolt action exchange is what I normally carry. However Ive used everything from a high end custom to a broadhead blade at one time or another.

LessIsLess

Love the ad placement.
"Is oj innocent?"
1c408e83efa318e1a176f796542800d7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

String Music

TNRifleman":vgdw1w4b said:
pockets":vgdw1w4b said:
I am wanting to get an ESEE 4. Looks like a good one.

I believe it is the perfect field dressing knife. I don't go into the woods without mine.

How in the world do you not lose that knife in the field? I set my knife down too much to have one that color!

Tennessee Lead

Huntaholic":34sgwy17 said:
A gerber bolt action exchange is what I normally carry. However Ive used everything from a high end custom to a broadhead blade at one time or another.
Those are sweet!
You got all the blades?

Duck dogn

I think mine is called ridge runner with gut hook! And a small case xx about six inches with fixed blade also and stacked leather handle. Would post pics but there in my truck!

Hunter 257W

One just like this. I bought it around 1979 in Cookeville. I've had others but prefer this one over them all. It sharpens easier and the big square handle is easier to grip when coated with blood. It's an Imperial Wildcat Skinner. Apparently there is still some demand for them because I always see used ones for sale on the internet. As far as I know it went out of production long ago.

Attachments

• Wildcat Skinner IMPERIAL.jpg
    Wildcat Skinner IMPERIAL.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 382

Climber

TNRifleman":369f630n said:
pockets":369f630n said:
I am wanting to get an ESEE 4. Looks like a good one.

I believe it is the perfect field dressing knife. I don't go into the woods without mine.

Yep, they are great woods knife and awesome for skinning and quartering deer. I have the Randall Cutlery DPx (ESSE) that stays in my woods pack and has cleaned all my deer over the past 5 years.

southernhunter

I have a western brand fix blade my dad carried for years. To replace it I am in the process of learning how to make
My own,I like all things vintage so I'd like to build myself a knife you might have seen carried along with a poor boy flintlock rifle in The hills of Tennessee.

Stykbow

southernhunter":260wgg53 said:
I have a western brand fix blade my dad carried for years. To replace it I am in the process of learning how to make
My own,I like all things vintage so I'd like to build myself a knife you might have seen carried along with a poor boy flintlock rifle in The hills of Tennessee.
I like the way you think![emoji106]

Daniel90

String Music":2tnpnrq0 said:
Outdoor Edge Razor-Pro
x2 best knife ever. I have a gutting blade I clean after gutting put in a zip loc and only use for gutting. then have a skinning blade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dirtturner

I never gut a deer in the woods so my knife is not on me. I used a Gerber Mark II. Cut well and stayed sharp longer than any other knife I used.

Tennessee Lead

southernhunter":i3gxj7zp said:
Plz post pictures when you get it finished

Cazador

Gerber Gator X 2. One with a serrated blade and one without. I like the straight blade better. But either one will do. The grip is nice and does not get slippery when wet. Holds an edge well and is easy to sharpen.

Coldfusion

Havalon Piranta. It's a medical scalpel blade. It literally cut through the hair when cutting a deer open. Will never go without it. I now want the new Havalon Titan. Has the scalpel and a larger blade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

Tennessee Lead":2wego1d7 said:
PickettSFHunter":2wego1d7 said:
Hull Knives custom made in Allardt, TN. They are gorgeous and razor sharp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lathern builds some beauties

I'm fixing to place an order with him for a new drop point skinner. He does great work!

Latest posts