How many of you ...

UpandAt'em

Learned to Bow Hunt from your Dad? from a School PE class? from being in the National Archery in the Schools Program? or some other way? Just curious 'cause both my boys (11 & 9) first shot a bow in Cub Scouts, then we got them a Genesis Bow.
How did you take it up?

When did you get your first rifle?

Nimrod777

Learned to shoot bows from a very awesome man in our church when I was 11 or 12. Got the fever to bowhunt by listening to his accounts of the woods. Never truly bowhunted until I moved to IL at the age of 27 and taught myself from magazines, trial and error. Did receive some more good shooting tips from another man, also a church member, just a different congregation.

Is it any wonder I chose a Biblical name, then? I think not.
Nimrod777

PS> Got my first rifle from a country yard sale, a .22 that weighed about 10 pounds. I think the stock may have been homemade; $25. But I really started shooting through the Jaycees Air Rifle Shooter Safety program.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My brother-in-law started me out bowhunting when I was 14.
He lost his freaking mind and now we hardly speak.
From the time I was 16 everything has been on my own.

TN RDG RNR

Around 25 years ago I was stationed at Minot AFB North Dakota with a guy from Missouri who helped me get started. Lost touch with him when I PCS to Guam but I still remember his name and I am thankful he took the time to help out a newbie.

Winchester

I started shooting a bow when I was 11 and have basically learned from hard knocks, nobody else in the family owned a bow at the time!

Been Huntin

i had to buy my first rifle a ruger 270 on my 15 birthday. i tried to bow hunt with my dad but i didn't care to much for i preter pulling a trigger.lol

Mathews Hunter

I bought my first bow when I was about 21 or 22. I taught myself had to shoot it with a little help from the local bow shop. Got my first rifle as a gift from my dad when I was about 17. It was a Marlin 30-30 and I still have it. I taught myself to shoot it. I will take a deer or two with it this year.

Kevin

I learned with my dads old bow, but he had gotten out of bow hunting. So i had to teach myself. I didnt have an open layer target so i had to learn the hard way that broad heads dont fly like field tips. But once i got into archery he bout me a new bow, and himself a used bow also.

Since then he has developed multiple sclerosis in his legs, and cannot walk more than about 10 yards without having to stop. and he cant walk down inclines at all. Its been really tough on him from going to being able to do anything at 40, to not being able to walk around at 45. At least he can still crawl up in a boat and fish a few times a month.

That is when i am in town and can drive to the lake and go park the truck.

osduck5

Bought a bow about 5 years ago and had a few lessons from the friendly folks at Eagle Wings. Then kept practicing and have killed 3 deer with it. It's not my bow shooting skills stopping me from taking deer with it, its the fact that when in a tee stand, I get some of the best sleep I have ever had! And yes, I do use the saftey harness!

Mom and Dad bought me a 410 shotgun when I was 12 and I did alot of rabbit and squirrel hunting with it. I didn't get into deer hunting untl I was about 34 or 35. No one in my family ever hunted deer!

hawghead

I started bowhunting at age 16 with my best friend.We taught ourselves how to bowhunt.We had already been deer hunting for many years prior to that.I took my first deer at age 8.I was given my first gun at age 7.My father gave me a single shot 20 ga.

Buck_fever

WELL IM 14 NOW. I GOT MY FIRST RIFLE WHEN I WAS 11 YEARS OLD. STARTED SHOOTING A LITTLE BOW WHEN I WAS ABOUT 7. BUT I COULDNT DRAW ENOUGH TO KILL A DEER UNTIL 2 YRS AGO.(45LBS) NOW I HAVE A DIAMOND-BOWTECH-REDHEAD KRONIK COMPOUND BOW