He's Back!!!! Albino Monster........w/pic

pressfit

Wes Parrish said:
Southern Sportsman said:
It's even illegal to possess an albino deer in TN. So if someone did find him dead, they would have to leave him.
Wonder what is the rationale behind this?

I really can't imagine a competent wildlife biologist coming up with such a rule.
I'm probably wrong but.. didnt some high official or his wife have one as a pet and someone shot it? and they got a law passed against it?

catman529

I've seen a big mature albino buck but not one with that wide of a rack, very impressive deer. Too bad some lame and probably nonhunting lawmaker in TN had to unreasonably protect these white deer from being removed from the gene pool.... if it were legal and I killed a deer like that, I'd have to take out a loan to pay a taxidermist for a full body mount. And i never take out loans for anything.

Southern Sportsman

Wes Parrish said:
Southern Sportsman said:
It's even illegal to possess an albino deer in TN. So if someone did find him dead, they would have to leave him.
Wonder what is the rationale behind this?

I really can't imagine a competent wildlife biologist coming up with such a rule.

I don't think wildlife biology had anything to do with this law at all. It was sausage-making by the Legislature - some state senator probably had some lobby group call and write letters until he proposed a law to protect their neighborhood albino deer, and somehow it passed. Making possession illegal was just a way to prevent people from circumventing the already-stupid law. (i.e. Checking the deer in in a bordering state and keeping him).

SES

Wes Parrish said:
Wonder how many deer hunters don't even realize it's illegal to shoot an albino deer in Tennessee?

Far as I know, this law is pretty unique to just Tennessee.
It is illegal to harvest albino deer in 13 states.

redblood

catman529 said:
I've seen a big mature albino buck but not one with that wide of a rack, very impressive deer. Too bad some lame and probably nonhunting lawmaker in TN had to unreasonably protect these white deer from being removed from the gene pool.... if it were legal and I killed a deer like that, I'd have to take out a loan to pay a taxidermist for a full body mount. And i never take out loans for anything.

good deal on not taking out loans for anything.

Latest posts