gearing up

CATCHDAWG

Yeah, I'm starting to get the fever but I've also got yote fever right now to and thens there trout fishing to be done and not to long till turkey season and... Dang so much to do so little time!

Coach

A few people have asked me to come on my place along the Wolf and look for arrowheads and Indian relics. I usually just tell them no just because I don't want people there messing up my hunting...Sorry for my ignorance in advance but...what's the attraction? Is there money in it? is it just fun to look? I'm like catchdog..there is so much hunting and fishing going on..what am I missing on these arrowheads..?

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
Not sure for others but I think its cool as heck just to hold such history. Just the thought of who made it and what all took place for that piece to be in my hand.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
Not for me it ain't.

You will have to ask one of the pros on the forum. I am not one of them.

Its amazing as heck to watch someone in a pile of rocks and them pick out 1 rock of all them other rocks. Just amazing.

OldHunter

I found these today. It was a tough day. The river actually came up a little, made for some tough hunting. It was a nice change after a long deer season though.
0113081331b-1.jpg

CATCHDAWG

Coach, There is money in it if thats the path you choose to take but then it becomes a job and not a hobby. I have quite a bit of "stuff" and none of it is for sale although it would probally fetch a fair price. To me it's more of a passion and as Cuttin Caller said, your holding history in your hand that you will never know the history behind. Artifact hunting is one of my favorite things to do, even though I have only a few months that I like to do it between hunting and fishing. If you ever get started you'll be hooked!!!

Coach

CD, I'm going to be at my place in TN in March and May and I'm going to give it a try. It must be a good place or so many people wouldn't be asking me to come in to look. I'll let you know...do a little turkey hunting while I'm out there too. I can certainly understand the historical value as opposed to the financial gain. Thanks

OldHunter

CC, From what I can tell from the books I have its probably just a part of some type of tool such as a scraper. I have many pieces very similar to it from the same spot. Maybe I'll get a whole one someday.

OldHunter

DSC00249.jpg

These are some of the other pieces I mentioned. The whole one was found at another spot however it give a good example of what they may look like

tbam

I used to do it when I was in my teens...I have a few hundred with 20 or 30 rubbing stones, 3 or 4 tomahawks, and 1 ball that was carved out of marble about an inch around....a few drills also,,,might have to get back into it..

Latest posts