Game cart

MidTennFisher

I have the one Summit makes and to be honest, I don't like it. The original design was stupid and didn't secure the wheels in very well. One came off one morning while wheeling it into a spot. I had to buy cotter pins to secure them properly. Aside from that, that thing is super noisy. Any bump and you hear metal banging. It makes so much dang noise that I decided to stop using it.

Sure I could keep it in the bed of my truck and get it when I need it but I usually don't want to make multiple trips in and out of a WMA spot if I have a deer. I just want to get it home because I've got work to do.

Can anyone recommend a cart that doesn't make more noise than if I just drove my truck through the woods?

Crappieaddict

3E9C7DEA-32E3-4592-8D32-6BBAE8E69270.jpeg

What I use, but I'm on a smaller parcel.

TheLBLman

I've used a variety of "deer carts" over the years.

One thing I've found with all of them:

You need to have spare parts, like every bolt, washer & nut.
I put these in a freezer quart zip-lock bag, then duct tape (multiple wraps) to the cart handle.
In the case of the Hawk Crawler, you need to add a tire inflator (duct tape it to the handle).

I've found all the carts I've tried needed modifications to make them work well and be reliable. That includes the Hawk Crawler, which may in fact be the overall best "stock" cart you can buy. But it is a pain to carry around, and the tires are cheap, as in Chinese cheap, poor quality.

If you get a Hawk Crawler, consider replacing the stock tires with some solid rubber tires.
Then it will be even heavier, but at least you won't have a flat tire.

Biggest thing wrong with most "deer carts" is they are manufactured with tires too small.
With exception to the Hawk Crawler, be sure your tires are at least 20" in diameter. 20" or larger makes your cart roll much easier over logs & uneven terrain (especially with a load on it).

Another "hack" trick is to double-up on the tires. Some deer carts used to be commonly available with a "dually" tire kit. Four tires will roll easier & not sink as bad into mud.

Also don't overlook the merits of a waterfowl decoy sled. In marshy areas, they can be the best option.

hoghunter65

I bought one of the carts from academy, I then took an old turkey hunting waist belt and cable tied it to the handle of the cart, this leaves my hands free, I put my blind, folding chair, rifle and backpack on it and take it to where I'm hunting ,don't want to make 2 trips.

deerdills

I have the muddy cart and like it. Solid tires(no flats), large level hauling bed (most of deer weight is on the tires, not the pull handle. Made a few mods, plastic washers and better pins. Fairly quiet now and easy to pull.

Latest posts