Found the buck I am after this season

Snake

Re: Found the buck I am after this season

Is that a Starr Mountain buck reloadxx ? I know some may think they can move in on you but that's a lot of tough hunting plus alot of territory and most will not make the trip , that buck will be a trophy of a lifetime if you tag him .

HatchieHunter

Good looking buck. Good luck with him this fall. Would I've to have something like him on my cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shed Hunter

fairchaser":2cmsssu1 said:
Wow, what a stud. Rest assured that he will likely range shift sometime before the end of October. Best of luck with him.

That's not necessarily true. The majority of bucks I have photographed reappear at some point in the fall but also generally keep their summer range altogether. It's just that their range gets much larger and yes, sometimes they do void themselves of an area entirely. This most commonly happens in ag areas and rarely have I ever not been able to relocate a buck in big woods. IMO, many disappearing deer simply changed their core area (not entire range) and therefore became more difficult to photograph due to fewer appearances in an area

Snake

Shed Hunter":11lv9f3z said:
fairchaser":11lv9f3z said:
Wow, what a stud. Rest assured that he will likely range shift sometime before the end of October. Best of luck with him.

That's not necessarily true. The majority of bucks I have photographed reappear at some point in the fall but also generally keep their summer range altogether. It's just that their range gets much larger and yes, sometimes they do void themselves of an area entirely. This most commonly happens in ag areas and rarely have I ever not been able to relocate a buck in big woods. IMO, many disappearing deer simply changed their core area (not entire range) and therefore became more difficult to photograph due to fewer appearances in an area

Most likely change as that's a very low density of deer there so come rut time no telling where he will be . Get him early is the key .

Shed Hunter

Snake":450n69re said:
Shed Hunter":450n69re said:
fairchaser":450n69re said:

Most likely change as that's a very low density of deer there so come rut time no telling where he will be . Get him early is the key .

I disagree. Stay out while he's nocturnal-which most mature bucks are right now. How many did you see killed this weekend? I still haven't seen on posted yet. He'll come back through. Probably not in daylight if you pressure him

redblood

I have his twin on a farm i just purchased

Attachments

• 44DDB8B8-C29F-4DED-A4F6-1B238D93D408.jpeg
    44DDB8B8-C29F-4DED-A4F6-1B238D93D408.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 163

redblood

tree_ghost":1s0afur3 said:
Shew... any update on that brute?

Im curious too. He is still in velvet in his pics. He will be impressive when loses that red fur and muscles up close to rut

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled

tree_ghost":3hbw16if said:
Shew... any update on that brute?

I hunted him during bow season only seeing does. I am going up Friday to check cameras and see if he is still in the area. If not going to bounce around and check a couple other spots and move cameras and try and pick him back up.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Latest posts