Food Plots Drought Monitor

BSK

Forecast predicts a La nina coming late June-August, not sure if that will keep our rain chances higher for this fall.
Were we in a la Nina the last two years when we had either a full summer and fall drought or a late summer and fall drought. I'm not liking our chances for a wet fall food plot growing season.

BSK

As of yesterday our place in SW Wayne Co is officially not in a drought for the first time since June 8, 2023. Sure hope it stays that way.
I'm not sure I understand the Drought Monitor. They still have my area in a Moderate Drought even though we've had 14" of rain since Jan 1! 🤪

BSK

Our ponds are full but groundwater seems low everywhere I dig. Dry on top and no seepage in 24 inch post holes overnight.
Maybe that's what they're looking at: long-term groundwater. That IS low. A lot of wet weather ponds are dry, despite all the rain we've been getting. Just seems the ground is soaking it up as fast as it falls.

JCDEERMAN

Maybe that's what they're looking at: long-term groundwater. That IS low. A lot of wet weather ponds are dry, despite all the rain we've been getting. Just seems the ground is soaking it up as fast as it falls.
I can agree with this. Our biggest pond still isn't full. About 4' low, while it is typically filled back up by now this time of year. It was stupid dry last year. Right now we are, for the first time, seeing what our food plots SHOULD have looked like last fall. It's almost like a late confirmation that our drill actually did put seed in the ground last fall 🤣

deerhunter10

Were we in a la Nina the last two years when we had either a full summer and fall drought or a late summer and fall drought. I'm not liking our chances for a wet fall food plot growing season.
I saw where they are predicting the same again this year? Correct?

Latest posts