Dedicated rifle

cecil30-30

Anyone have a dedicated side by side rifle? I'd like to get a rifle that just stays in the side by side gun rack, one that I don't have to worry about getting dirty or a little rust on it. I was thinking maybe a cheap palmetto state armory AR. I obviously don't want an expensive rifle.

Carlos

Right now the used market is pretty well flooded with AR's that folks bought and then decided they didn't need.

It depends on what caliber fits your needs best, but I might look at a 22M as they'd probably be about half price of an AR.

Chaneylake

Anyone have a dedicated side by side rifle? I'd like to get a rifle that just stays in the side by side gun rack, one that I don't have to worry about getting dirty or a little rust on it. I was thinking maybe a cheap palmetto state armory AR. I obviously don't want an expensive rifle.
I have a 22 mag in the roof of my Honda 700.
Please do this. I got lucky with no issues.
Dirt Dobbers packed up the barrel on my 22 mag. Lucky I noticed. I cleaned the barrel and rifle is still in roof of Honda but stored in a gun sock.

rifle02

Leaving a rifle Outdoors for an extended period of time is a bad and dangerous idea. Talk about dirt dobbers. I've seen what happens when you leave a Remington 742, 30-06 on the back porch all summer. Result is a nasty explosion.

Latest posts