Coon hunters ?

TnBob

Guy close to me had rabbit dogs. Loose every night running all around my house. Let him know I didnt want them on my place. Came in from work one day and he is parked in my yard waiting and calling for his dogs. Told him again his dogs and he are not welcome on my place. I pay the taxes here, I call the shots here. His response, "Well I've been doin this for 30 years here. "

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Guy close to me had rabbit dogs. Loose every night running all around my house. Let him know I didnt want them on my place. Came in from work one day and he is parked in my yard waiting and calling for his dogs. Told him again his dogs and he are not welcome on my place. I pay the taxes here, I call the shots here. His response, "Well I've been doin this for 30 years here. "
I know a guy that shoots EVERY dog on sight on his property.
Alot of beagles.
He shoots them, removes the collar and hangs it on the mailbox of the owner(s)

Can't say I agree with the process but I do understand it.

Rancocas

Alot of beagles.

If they were my dogs that guy would have a much larger problem then just a few dogs on his property.

TnBob

Alot of beagles.

I own a dog. He's a big pet and I keep him up. He gets out for a walk almost daily. My dad had beagles back when I was at home. We had good times with them and loved them all but we wouldn't let them out unless we had plenty of space where we had permission. It's just disrespectful to let them run all over other people's property.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
If they were my dogs that guy would have a much larger problem then just a few dogs on his property.

And your issues with the government would be larger than having to wait in line to renew your tags.

This is the kind of dog owner talk I don't understand. Willingness to threaten or harm a human being over an animal.

Rancocas

And your issues with the government would be larger than having to wait in line to renew your tags.

This is the kind of dog owner talk I don't understand. Willingness to threaten or harm a human being over an animal.
To some of us our dogs are like family.
I no longer have any dogs, but when I did I always kept them confined except when I was out hunting with them. However, they would sometimes escape. Hounds, especially, are escape artists.
Of course, protect your property if a dog is destroying livestock or other property damage, but if the dog is causing no harm then leave it alone.
As for any issues with the government - I was law enforcement for nearly 30 years. Long retired now, I came away with three issues; spit on me and I will put you in a hospital. Harm my family or my dog and I will do likewise.

I think the old Hatfield and McCoy feud started over ownership of a pig. Seems to me that shooting a man's dog is even more cause for a feud. I advise against it.

jlanecr500

To some of us our dogs are like family.
I no longer have any dogs, but when I did I always kept them confined except when I was out hunting with them. However, they would sometimes escape. Hounds, especially, are escape artists.
Of course, protect your property if a dog is destroying livestock or other property damage, but if the dog is causing no harm then leave it alone.
As for any issues with the government - I was law enforcement for nearly 30 years. Long retired now, I came away with three issues; spit on me and I will put you in a hospital. Harm my family or my dog and I will do likewise.

I think the old Hatfield and McCoy feud started over ownership of a pig. Seems to me that shooting a man's dog is even more cause for a feud. I advise against it.
Totally agree.

Mattt

Mine are family also. Five pointers. Three have hunted from northern Florida to Pennsylvania to over 10,000 feet in Colorado. Kansas and nebraska.quail,sage grouse,blues,scaled,ditch chickens.Iowa,Arizona. U get the point. Never and I mean never with a medium range hunter(gsp) have I had to worry about one getting shot, which I would accept if they crossed because it would be my fault my responsibility as I allowed the dog to do something he shouldn't. Such bullshit. If you come to my house and kill my dog tou would never leave. If my dog causes physical damage to you or yours I'm responsible. I would not cut a fence to drive in after my dog on your ground unless maybe they are fighting grizzlies. I don't understand and why people don't take responsibility. That's a cop out I'll burn a couple days and all the diesel it takes in Kansas to find places I can hunt my dogs without a problem. I take responsibility for their lives. If your animal crosses a line it's your fault you are responsible.whatever happens or happened to the dog should have happened to you. I accepted THAT responsibility when I chose to have them in my life. And be part of theirs.

TAFKAP

horse running GIF by South Park
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Huntaholic

I knew I should have stayed away from here! I dont coonhunt anymore, I got too old and my dogs all died so I no longer have a dog in this race as they say. HOWEVER, with that said, I ran COONDOGS, not goat dogs, cattle dogs, pig dogs, whatever. My dogs WOULD NOT hurt, chase, molest, or bother ANY of your livestock. NO, I dont have permission to trespass on your 5 acres of Heaven, but 5 acres doesnt give you control of 5000 either. IF my dogs got treed on you and it wasnt too late, I would come ask you if I could go get them, (I never got turned down) but if it was, YES I would trespass and go get them as quickly and quietly as possible. Once I had my dogs back on the leash the worst case scenerio was Id pay a fine for trespassing. SO WHAT? Compared to the value of my dog, a family member, it was well worth the cost.
Shoot or harm my dog though, and Hell would have been the distance you would have to travel to escape me. Legally, I cant go get my dog on your property, ok, I will pay the fine. BUT, LEGALLY you cant harm my dog either and if you do I most certainly will see you in court and legal precedence has already been set that YOU will be found responsible for not only the value of my dog but also any future value related to breeding, stud fees, pups, etc.. And just to bring that into perspective for you, Ive been in the woods with dogs that were worth $50000! And that was just what the dog had sold for! Are you REALLY sure you want to put a bullet in old Rovers head just because he ran a coon across your goat pasture??????
Ive told people lots of times, if you can steal my wife, I will shake your hand and wish you happiness but if you **** with my dog, I will hurt you. Wife had a choice in the matter, my dog didnt.

mike243

We had a rabbit dog shot 1 frosty morning when he crossed a creek, the land owner paid vet bill lawyer fee and a fine, dumbass was slinging 22 rounds everywhere and I could hear them bouncing off the tree's. Wonder 1 of us wasn't hit

Omega

We had a rabbit dog shot 1 frosty morning when he crossed a creek, the land owner paid vet bill lawyer fee and a fine, dumbass was slinging 22 rounds everywhere and I could hear them bouncing off the tree's. Wonder 1 of us wasn't hit
Was the dog on his land? Sorry, but if you or your dog trespass onto my shooting range, I can't see it being my fault if they get injured. I probably won't shoot a dog, though I have had plenty on my small property, only once did I even think about it, but that dog was challenging me on my own property. He thought better of it and left, not knowing how close he was.

mike243

No no shooting range, said he shot it with his new Winchester 22 lever action, it was his property but we didn't think the little beagle would cross the creek, we were wrong, this was back before there was hardly a deer in Anderson county . No signs for the dog to read either 🤣

MickThompson

Lmao typical response from most that don't know anything about hunting dogs and livestock.(I've heard the wind blow before).damn 40k for a lawyer you musta been in some real trouble. Good luck with your situation sir and I hope you have a great day!
If I can recall my duck dog off of a flightless summer goose surely you can have the decency to train your dogs to recall as well

Planking

I knew I should have stayed away from here! I dont coonhunt anymore, I got too old and my dogs all died so I no longer have a dog in this race as they say. HOWEVER, with that said, I ran COONDOGS, not goat dogs, cattle dogs, pig dogs, whatever. My dogs WOULD NOT hurt, chase, molest, or bother ANY of your livestock. NO, I dont have permission to trespass on your 5 acres of Heaven, but 5 acres doesnt give you control of 5000 either. IF my dogs got treed on you and it wasnt too late, I would come ask you if I could go get them, (I never got turned down) but if it was, YES I would trespass and go get them as quickly and quietly as possible. Once I had my dogs back on the leash the worst case scenerio was Id pay a fine for trespassing. SO WHAT? Compared to the value of my dog, a family member, it was well worth the cost.
Shoot or harm my dog though, and Hell would have been the distance you would have to travel to escape me. Legally, I cant go get my dog on your property, ok, I will pay the fine. BUT, LEGALLY you cant harm my dog either and if you do I most certainly will see you in court and legal precedence has already been set that YOU will be found responsible for not only the value of my dog but also any future value related to breeding, stud fees, pups, etc.. And just to bring that into perspective for you, Ive been in the woods with dogs that were worth $50000! And that was just what the dog had sold for! Are you REALLY sure you want to put a bullet in old Rovers head just because he ran a coon across your goat pasture??????
Ive told people lots of times, if you can steal my wife, I will shake your hand and wish you happiness but if you **** with my dog, I will hurt you. Wife had a choice in the matter, my dog didnt.
That's why i don't allow dogs on my property. Its never been anything but headaches, threats and entitlement. I can't stand how some dog owners act.

Latest posts