Charge those batteries

agelessssone

Trickle charge stays on 24/7
Yup, plug my boat in when I park it, stays plugged in til I use it the next time.
Three on-board chargers (2 Minnkota 330D, one Dakota Lithium.

I have 2 battery systems for my 36V TM.
One 36V 63ah lithium and 3 group 29 lead acid marine batteries.
When I run one system down, I just pull the plug and insert it into the other socket.

I use the second charger for 2 group 29 lead acid batteries to run my graphs and bait tank pumps. (One bank doesnt work anymore).

As a guide, in the summer, I may have 2-3 trips back to back and troll for a total of 12 hours. My 22' deckboat is very heavy, then throw in five guys over 200 lbs, got quite a load.

Spurhunter

Yup, plug my boat in when I park it, stays plugged in til I use it the next time.
Three on-board chargers (2 Minnkota 330D, one Dakota Lithium.
Keep in mind your Dakota Lithiums should not be charged below 32*F. This is straight from their website:

"Charging lithium iron phosphate batteries below 32°F not only makes your batteries unsafe, but it also will drastically and permanently reduce the capacity."

7mm08

I'm reporting you for Boat Abuse
I truly ABUSE it with TLC !
1671376688961.jpeg

agelessssone

Keep in mind your Dakota Lithiums should not be charged below 32*F. This is straight from their website:

"Charging lithium iron phosphate batteries below 32°F not only makes your batteries unsafe, but it also will drastically and permanently reduce the capacity."
I'm going to take my lithium out and put it in the garage til this cold snap is over.
I'll leave my lead acid batteries in and on the charger.
Doubt that I'll fish much this next week.
Got my fill of fishing this past week.
My son was down from Wisconsin and we fished 5 out of 7 days.

Caught lots of white bass, hybrids and yellow bass on Percy Priest lake by Nashville.
The winter bite is heating up and will only get better.
Thursday we caught 103 then Friday got a late start and.only caught 39.

Attachments

• 20221216_113924.jpg
    20221216_113924.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts