Cellular Trail Cam Help????

TNGunhunter

So, my el cheapo trail cam finally bit the dust after 5 good years of service. $70 well spent, but now I'm looking to upgrade to a wireless / cellular camera. I've been looking at the Spy Point. Anyone have any experience with these? Reliablility, battery life, quality of photos texted / emailed to you? Thanks in advance!!

TennSportsman

I've heard mixed reviews on Spypoint, although, I think they have come a long way from where they were a few years ago. I'd consider the Link-S by them. They offer a Verizon or AT&T version which is fantastic. I'd also recommend buying from trailcampro.com so you could exchange it for another camera if you didn't like it or something was wrong with it. If you look at the reviews on there, the Link-S is at the top. I really like the solar panel included on the Link-S. I personally use the Bushnell Wireless cameras, and they work well but I need Verizon instead of AT&T which is not offered. Post a review if you get the Spypoint. I'd like to hear what you think about it after using it for a few months.

Jmed

I'd say go buy a covert I have been running them for years, their customer service is some of the best I have ever dealt with. If you have anything go wrong, or can't figure something out, they will help you out and you will be dealing with a red blooded American. Gave the same advice to our neighbor, he bought the spy point anyway, and we get about triple the battery life and 10 times more pics. He said he is swapping as soon as he can get the spypoints out of the woods

7mmWSM

My buddies and I bought 9 of the Covert Black Ops last year. At best they were mediocre. Sometimes it would take your picture and sometimes they would not. If so they'd send the picture occasionally. Customer service was ok. Nice people but in my opinion didn't have a clue! I had one of them tell me to hang a white sheet behind the camera and walk by and see if that would take a picture and send! We have went with the HCO Spartans. They are hands down the best on the market going. Read the trailcam reviews on them. No matter where you put them or anytime you walk by it will take and send the picture to you. We've bought right at 20 and don't have a single complaint with a single one! They run about the same as Covert but the quality and service is much better! Covert users give the Spartans a try and you'll be selling your Covert's to buy get a Spartan I assure you! Oh also, I get so many pictures at night I have to put my cell phone in another room to sleep.

Jmed

on the covert's go to your menu, got to the "NET" tab and select "Dowlaod FW" that will update your firmware. It will increase battery life, and sensitivity. You can also adjust the sensitivity, which is based on temperature. I put mine on the highest setting in these warm months, but hopefully soon I will be able to switch it back with cool temps coming. If you have any problem with coverts you can talk to a red blooded American who help diagnose and fix your problem. We are running 9 now and have had covert cell cams for 4 years and have only had to send 1 back. The new one was in my hands before the bad one one even got to them.

My neighboring leesor purchased a spypoint and he cant get more than a week to ten days of battery life. we routinely get a month and half or more out of coverts. but keep in mind, if you cant get cell service in an area, cell cams wont get service either. we have little pockets on our farm that get no service and we use the MP8s and the browning cams in those areas.

Latest posts