Buck bedding behavior

bowhunterfanatic

Bedding areas are a myth. They bed where they want and most of the time is random. They don't go somewhere to bed, they bed where the notion strikes them.
I would agree with this roughly 9-10 months out of the year. But in my area at least, once the guns start cracking it becomes more predictable. It's not necessarily that I can tell you where they do bed, but I can show you plenty of spots where they will bed before being pressured that they'll stop using once the pressure ramps up.

SJS

Living part time in Michigan it's interesting to take note of deer beds when we are rabbit hunting in the snow. Some are in open hardwoods, and some are in some of the thickest cover you can find. There never seems to be a reason other than it being random! lol

BSK

Living part time in Michigan it's interesting to take note of deer beds when we are rabbit hunting in the snow. Some are in open hardwoods, and some are in some of the thickest cover you can find. There never seems to be a reason other than it being random! lol
Are you in a part of Michigan snowy enough for deer to exhibit yarding behavior?

Latest posts