Bow worth fooling with?

C1295

I have a family friend trying to sell this bow worth fooling with can't find anything about it? About how much to restring it you think? And how much you think it's worth as it is?
FF2DF225-CB82-4F83-A76D-7CA16B717BA9.jpeg
F6BED7E1-B029-43A8-82DF-AF1592B412FD.jpeg

7X57

If you actually plan to hunt with it, then you'll likely be replacing the sight and most likely that prong arrow rest. It appears the arrow rest is sitting on an "overdraw", so that may be something else to deal with as well. I think $50 would be a fair price if you're looking for something to tinker with. If looking for a decent hunting bow, then you could spend $200 and get an old Mathews or Hoyt that'll shoot better and be easier to tune.

Ski

Don't make an offer. No one else will either and then he will just give it to you to get it out of the way. Hehehehe..

Truth ^. Unless you've got money to throw away on a tinker toy then steer clear of it. It'll never be worth more than it is right now, regardless how much money you spend fixing it up.

DMD

I agree with what others have said. If I was going to hunt with it, I'd take the $200 ($50 for the bow and $150 at least to get it up to snuff) and put it toward a newer, better bow. There are some quality pre-owned bows out there to be had pretty cheap.

Madbowh

I have a family friend trying to sell this bow worth fooling with can't find anything about it? About how much to restring it you think? And how much you think it's worth as it is? View attachment 167767View attachment 167768
not a bad bow like others did you can miss with a $2000 bow or a $50. I hunt with a90s model Pearson 440 similar in length and you'll have to be conscious of the bottom of the bow hitting your stand or other things I messed a shot up 2 years ago in a real big boy because of this but I still use it and kill with it. Just been using it so long and it shoots 354fps it'll cost to much for me to get that speed in a newer one.

Coop87

I have a family friend trying to sell this bow worth fooling with can't find anything about it? About how much to restring it you think? And how much you think it's worth as it is?
I have a family friend trying to sell this bow worth fooling with can't find anything about it? About how much to restring it you think? And how much you think it's worth as it is? View attachment 167767View attachment 167768
Are you new to archery? If so then you can spend $50 on bow, get some stings from Mike's-Archery.com for about $40, and get sight and rest. The sight and rest can be used on new bow down the road. Will have to pay a shop to set up if don't have your own press. Or this would make a great bow to learn to work on them yourself. I just recently did a full rebuild on a similar bow for a neighbor. After shooting a bow like this you will really appreciate the money invested in a newer bow.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
You can get a brand new ready to shoot package a lot of places for 299.99, and with it being end of season, you might catch a clearance sale for less than that. And if you have a shop nearby that takes trade-ins, you can probably get an even better quality year or two old bow for a good deal.

harv418

In My Opinion, I would have that bow looked at by a professional. With the cabling and string hanging like they are, I would suspect that it was dry fired. Having the limbs checked for cracks, and the cams verified to be true for piece of mind. I would not want to pull that back to full draw and discover a cracked limb or cam... Just my .02 worth. I would go by a ready to hunt package and start there.

Latest posts