Been a while

megalomaniac

Haven't gotten to fish since January due to turkey season, but I figured I'd give it a whirl this past weekend... terrible dirty freshwater from the Pearl River flooding past month, so hopes weren't high for specks, but I figured I'd find reds.

Managed a couple slot reds, a 16in flounder, and even got on a good speck bite deep in the marsh with a hit every other cast for 30 minutes. Problem was... they were just slapping the bait and not eating it. Only caught 7 or 8 specks, all shorts up to 14.75in.

But jeez, the gnats. They ran me out of a couple spots. I had skin so soft on my face and hands, so they left those alone... but thousands were swarming me and even biting me through my shirt and pants.

Gotta pay to play... saltwater corrosion had one marker light out and running lights out on one of the taillights on the trailer. Got those rewired.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425_131936_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425_131936_Gallery.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240425_131949_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425_131949_Gallery.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 34

Omega

Haven't gotten to fish since January due to turkey season, but I figured I'd give it a whirl this past weekend... terrible dirty freshwater from the Pearl River flooding past month, so hopes weren't high for specks, but I figured I'd find reds.

Managed a couple slot reds, a 16in flounder, and even got on a good speck bite deep in the marsh with a hit every other cast for 30 minutes. Problem was... they were just slapping the bait and not eating it. Only caught 7 or 8 specks, all shorts up to 14.75in.

But jeez, the gnats. They ran me out of a couple spots. I had skin so soft on my face and hands, so they left those alone... but thousands were swarming me and even biting me through my shirt and pants.

Gotta pay to play... saltwater corrosion had one marker light out and running lights out on one of the taillights on the trailer. Got those rewired.
You look like an Alaskan Ninja, but it looks like fun. Haven't done any saltwater in a couple decades, wish the coast was closer.

megalomaniac

You look like an Alaskan Ninja, but it looks like fun. Haven't done any saltwater in a couple decades, wish the coast was closer.
52y/o, had my first basal cell cancer on my nose 3 years ago. No sun shall touch my skin on fishing trips any longer :)

but seriously, I dont even put sunscreen on except for my face and fingertips. The rest of my body is completely covered. And the new cooling fabrics are crazy comfortable.

Hduke86

52y/o, had my first basal cell cancer on my nose 3 years ago. No sun shall touch my skin on fishing trips any longer :)

but seriously, I dont even put sunscreen on except for my face and fingertips. The rest of my body is completely covered. And the new cooling fabrics are crazy comfortable.
Good for you, cause if anyone had to go through what i did recently with my elderly neighbor. They would cover their skin at all cost from the sun. He lived in south Florida and worked for the National Parks and spent years down in the Big Cypress. Needless to say all that sun exposure caught up with him and it was HORRIBLE.

wildside

can't stand anything covering my face. Big hat, heavy sunscreen. Would be better off if I could....

Latest posts