API Stands

Bad habit

I am not sure they are in business anymore.

I just received a ladder stand that looked like it had been thru a shredder. When I went online to see if I could order parts I saw where there was mention on different forums where they had gone out of business. Their website didnt work either. Today I tried to call the 2 numbers listed in the tree stand instructions but they did not work.

Luckily Cabelas had another stand in stock and are sending me another one to rob parts from and send back.

Word to the wise- stay away from their stands if you plan on ordering them.

Bad habit

Well when I got home this afternoon Fed Ez had picked up the pices they lost and sent them to me in a big box. I as able to finish putting the stand together. Nothing bent- bust a lot of bumps and bruises from where they tore the box to crap. Now i have another of the same stand on the way. I may just keep it if it isnt torn up. Gonna have to call Cabelas for a prepaid return shipping label which they said they would send after I got what I needed off of the replacement stand.

MickThompson

They had a big recall and I think several lawsuits over a poor design several years back and I think Bass Pro swept up the pieces that were left.

The climbers were sold by Walmart's and some others and had an aluminum block on the end of cables that you pinned to. The cable pulled out on a few. I have one of them and ended up replacing the cable with a chain but never got the recall notice. I found out about it 15+ years later.

fairchaser

I bought a climber a few years back, the crusader, I believe was the name. The back bracket would spread and the stand would fold over and was very dangerous. I contacted the company and they had another bracket with a simple but effective fix they sent me for free. I still like their climbers over summit. They had a good run but were beat out by summit.

archer19

I think I have 10 API stands
I know 7 of the Predator climbers.....heavy and a pain to put on a tree
But the Cadillac of climbers

KenBob10..... I've killed 4 out of the one I got fom you.

MickThompson

The Hi-point line didn't help either. They were sold at Walmart and used a cable inserted into a piece of aluminum with holes for the pins. Loud as heck! They were recalled after cables started pulling out of the aluminum ends and hunters started falling and rightfully suing. I never heard about the recall until years later but had already replaced the cables with the chains used in the rest of the API stands.

Latest posts