Anyone use a Predator Platform?

KatManDew

Wondering why there were 2 upper "teeth" sections that came with it? One is black and one bare aluminum.

Attachments

• 0BFDB18E-4C05-41E3-9E3F-EFEA0E6751F6.jpeg
    0BFDB18E-4C05-41E3-9E3F-EFEA0E6751F6.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 85
  • FF37172C-5031-4B47-9765-07AE5856E44D.jpeg
    FF37172C-5031-4B47-9765-07AE5856E44D.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 76

KatManDew

Had posted on another forum also. They said several reported the grey aluminum one cracking so that's why they started including the black one.

ImThere

I still think the grey one bites the tree better. I can't imagine a scenario where it would be an issue that could cause you to fall can you?

NOT SUGGESTING ONE OVER THE OTHER FOR ALL WATCHING THE THREAD
No. If memory serves it was breaking along the hole. Either extreme side pressure or maybe down pressure if you toe hook it. I would assume you would loose the ability to put side pressure on it but there wouldn't be a way to fall. I mean you'd have to be doing something crazy with slack in your tether. IMHO worst case scenario? You bump your knees into the tree?

tree_ghost

No. If memory serves it was breaking along the hole. Either extreme side pressure or maybe down pressure if you toe hook it. I would assume you would loose the ability to put side pressure on it but there wouldn't be a way to fall. I mean you'd have to be doing something crazy with slack in your tether. IMHO worst case scenario? You bump your knees into the tree?
Yes toe hooking seems to be the biggest destroyer of the platforms from what I've read.

On a side note I just got me 2 squirel steps to add to my platform strap. I had an issue last season where I had my target bucks come in on my weak side and I didn't notice him until he was inside 20 yards…I kept my eyes on him and attempted to spin around while drawing my bow as he put his head down to feed on acorns. Well I slipped off my platform and he busted me 🤬. Hopefully these will eliminate that issue in the future….

JCDEERMAN

I had an issue last season where I had my target bucks come in on my weak side and I didn't notice him until he was inside 20 yards…I kept my eyes on him and attempted to spin around while drawing my bow as he put his head down to feed on acorns. Well I slipped off my platform and he busted me 🤬.
That is my fear. I need more experience, but I feel like a dangling clown up there. I may need to look into these squirrel steps.

KatManDew

Yeah nothing like blowing it on a 150" deer. I was fairly foul for the ensuing 20 minutes lol. Sad truth is I never saw him again…
That would be my luck. What I worry about most is going in the first few times and getting an opportunity and then blow it because I haven't learned the quirks of hunting from the saddle yet. As soon as the gates of hades back off a bit, i plan to go climb to hunting height and shoot at a target, but even doing this a few times, i'd say it will still take time to get used to everything.

Latest posts