Anybody else going Bear hunting this weekend?

fredfred

There aren't any gates into the national forest so I doubt they will shut it down. Maybe those pesky, cooler snooping park rangers won't be there LOL J/K

Diehard Hunter

The hunt is still on in Tellico. I just spoke to the TWRA officer in charge. He said a few campgrounds would be closed, but that is about all that is going to affect the hunt.

fredfred

Diehard Hunter said:
The hunt is still on in Tellico. I just spoke to the TWRA officer in charge. He said a few campgrounds would be closed, but that is about all that is going to affect the hunt.

Obummer just thinks he's seen some opposition if he messes with this hunt LOL Rednecks and hounds crappin all over the whitehouse lawn.

Diehard Hunter

One of my students asked why the hunts were still happening but the national park was closed? I told them bird watchers and hikers aren't nearly as well armed as hunters are!

Diehard Hunter

fredfred said:
The Hunt is still going to happen. Some of the camp grounds will be closed but that's it.

This is correct. I have verified with two different TWRA personnel in the last two days, one on the forest and one at the regional office. The National forest website says the forest is closed. However, this hunt has nothing to do with operations on the forest. It is conducted by our state agency.

Latest posts