Food Plots Another "Eagle Bean" Plot

RiverRat213

Let's hope the deer let it get over lip high.
IMG_20130717_193643_059_zps5613f10e.jpg

jmb4wd

RiverRat213 said:
Thanks Hall. Electric fence?! Cost a small fortune to run power back in these parts! Lol

looking good.

They make excellent solar fence chargers now. That is what I see used the majority of the time.

Bayou Buck

RiverRat213 said:
I've planted them as late as 2nd week of august for past few years. Needless to say we don't get a hard frost seems like till late October early Nov. These days.

If you are planting them for forage and not beans you can plant them whenever. I know some poeple that plant them along with their fall annuals in September and it makes an awesome plot for bow season.

jmb4wd

BlountArrow said:
At what point would you experts say it is too late to plant Soybeans of the "Eagle" variety?

Like someone else said, its kind of depends on what your goals are.

In my opinion, and as a man on a budget, Eagles are pricey, but worth it to me.

If you get them in the ground after last frost, you have an excellent food source from late april till late September at which point they turn colors and die. From that point on the pods are filled out with tons of soy beans which are a excellent food dource in the late winter months for deer, turkey, doves and quail and small game.

At my place I bush hog them in late march or april and then let the remaining beans hit the dirt.

This plot behind my house has Eagle beans that are 4 feet tall right noe that are volunteer and have had no fertilizer. Just sprayed them this past week.

ehen I can get a full year or more of food for my crittes I feel the cost is justified.

Latest posts