Ammo

MUP

DaveB

This week...
I pushed through 950 9mm rounds

tumbled over 700 bottleneck brass, picked corn cob out the primer pocket, primered all of them with Fed210M's.

loaded 72 rounds of 9 using different powders and charge weights. Looking for an accuracy point.

Loaded 25 6.8 SPC rounds and did brass prep on a net total of 100.

Son is wanting to shoot 400 yards at MSSA so we got some VLD Bergers and new match-grade brass headstamp ABM. That is when I hit problems. The primer pocket was NOT round; I don't mean to say it was oblong but with my RCBS primer press i had to use TWO hands to seat the primer. I did 5 of these and that was it, I broke out my variable B&D, clamped it down, got it turning, and made everything right. Then I saw I better chamfer and at least 30% were not round so I took all 100 and ran them through the .308 FL die then chamfer then tumble, then pick, then seat primers. The SPC brass was from Starline and every piece was load-ready.

A busy week but very productive

DaveB

Whooooeeeeee went looking to see if any deals exist for 55 grain FMJ bullets in .224.

No one has any. Even the stupid high priced ones are gone. I left "email me when you got some to sell" messages all over the web.

I will concentrate on some 224 and 6.5 this week. Mebbe some more 9's.

7mm08

woodyard":2zr8t4ue said:
Ammo is about the most secure emergency plan I know of. If you buy it during the good times , it can turn a nice profit during the bad.
Better than gold/silver. Word to the wise, buy a little all along during the good times. You hardly will notice it except for that you are running into storage issues. ;)

Funny how just a few weeks ago the retailers were running all kinds of sales trying to get sales and now they can't keep it in stock.

Working man's commodity!

MUP

DaveB":uwr48c3l said:
Whooooeeeeee went looking to see if any deals exist for 55 grain FMJ bullets in .224.

No one has any. Even the stupid high priced ones are gone. I left "email me when you got some to sell" messages all over the web.

I will concentrate on some 224 and 6.5 this week. Mebbe some more 9's.

Just found some VERY reasonably priced NBT's at Midway!

CATCHDAWG

Went to a local gun store today and they had PLENTY of ammo at regular prices. Bought a couple of boxes of .40 because that's the only thing I was a little short on. Plenty of A.R.'s in stock as well.

DaveB

Went back to BrassmanBrass.com thinking maybe he had restocked but no luck with 55 grains. Did see some 62 FMJs from ARMSCOR for a pretty nice price-----8.9 cents each. Free shipping. No sales tax.

Now I have to work up a powder and weight. Anyone have favorites???

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
MUP":1yl3egnf said:
I just acquired a 6.5 Creedmoor, so, I'm behind the curve both on factory ammo, and subsequently ammo components to load with. Looking now.

Talked to my buddy at Final Flight yesterday.
That is the ONLY caliber they have left.
Got tons of it.

MUP

RUGER":1mx983z4 said:
MUP":1mx983z4 said:
I just acquired a 6.5 Creedmoor, so, I'm behind the curve both on factory ammo, and subsequently ammo components to load with. Looking now.

Talked to my buddy at Final Flight yesterday.
That is the ONLY caliber they have left.
Got tons of it.

Working on my manbun in the meantime. :rotf:

ROVERBOY

7mm08 said:
Tannerite...... keeps the zombies away!![/quote

I spit coffee everywhere when I read that. Yep, that would work. Would have to shoot once to set it off. That wouldn't take much ammo.

280longshot

MUP":t1evbxas said:
H4350, RL16, RL17, and RL26 all great powders for the 6.5 CM.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MUP

280longshot":a7kc0uzv said:
MUP":a7kc0uzv said:
H4350, RL16, RL17, and RL26 all great powders for the 6.5 CM.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks Steve. I just loaded up a little ladder a few minutes ago. 4350 starting at 37.0 by .5 gr increments to 40.0 . Using 140 gr NBTs for starters. I seem to have a small manbun forming in my bald spot, is this common? :mrgreen:

encore06

sll":3gd1nino said:
I sold a guy 500 rounds of 9mm 115gr FMJ's yesterday afternoon for $100. Thought something was fishy that he drove 90 miles to get them. Got on-line and saw that the buying craze hit big yesterday and all wholesalers were out of them and what was available of GunBroker the bids were already over $300 for 500 rounds with days left on the auctions. Cheaper Than Dirt was really showing their stuff also as they had 1,000 rounds of 223 listed over $1500 at one point.

I've got a Sig Sauer P320 M18 9mm laid back and should be picking it up tomorrow and diffidently need to pick up a couple 100 rounds somewhere. Any recommendations on where to look? Thanks

Latest posts